Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2004, 02:30 PM

Default So this is what the $50 SNGs are like (little poker content)

I played SNGs a few months ago (mostly $20 SNGs) but then switched over to NLHE ring games and have decided to mess around a bit since my roll has gotten pretty healthy, so I enter a $50NL SNG.

3rd Hand. I get KK.

UTG limp, I raise to 50 in UTG+1, couple folds, MP Reraises to 150, more folds, UTG limp-reraises all in, I go all in, MP goes all in.

UTG = AQo
MP = TT

Board of rags and I triple up. Yay!

Man I miss SNGs!
Old 10-09-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: So this is what the $50 SNGs are like (little poker content)

From what I've read of your posts, you are welcome at my table anytime...

Doughnut puncher... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2004, 11:23 PM

oh realllllly? would you like to play a heads up NL SNG on stars some time in the next few days?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2004, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh realllllly? would you like to play a heads up NL SNG on stars some time in the next few days?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally I think it is huge +EV to mock and bait guys that start screaming "do you want to pay heads up?"

They are a dime a dozen and tilt so easily you can hear them trying to find a way to trap you.

Usually they are that classic type that play pretty well but have a few leaks that they blame on bad players or bad luck. They are often so hateable that by gettiing them going it loosens the whole table up as everyone wants to bust the guy.

Their posts usually go on about how bad everyone else is or how great they are - versus asking or debating a poker question.

I won't play you heads up, but you are welcome at my S&G any day.

gl
Old 10-10-2004, 10:50 AM

Default surely Sponger...

you ought to know every $50 SNG won't be like this. had that 10 10 guy caught trips or the A Q guy caught an Ace, you would'nt have authored this thread. be fortunate your KANGS held up. welcome back to SNG play.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally I think it is huge +EV to mock and bait guys that start screaming "do you want to pay heads up?"

They are a dime a dozen and tilt so easily you can hear them trying to find a way to trap you.

Usually they are that classic type that play pretty well but have a few leaks that they blame on bad players or bad luck. They are often so hateable that by gettiing them going it loosens the whole table up as everyone wants to bust the guy.

Their posts usually go on about how bad everyone else is or how great they are - versus asking or debating a poker question.

I won't play you heads up, but you are welcome at my S&G any day.

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I guess you missed that I was kidding. I have only played 2 people HU and both times it was the other player that started it.

I think it is hilarious that you'd want a winning and extremely tight player in your SNGs, just shows how stupid/clueless you guys are right now.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: surely Sponger...

[ QUOTE ]
you ought to know every $50 SNG won't be like this. had that 10 10 guy caught trips or the A Q guy caught an Ace, you would'nt have authored this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he would have.

-smileyEH
Old 10-10-2004, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you ought to know every $50 SNG won't be like this. had that 10 10 guy caught trips or the A Q guy caught an Ace, you would'nt have authored this thread. be fortunate your KANGS held up. welcome back to SNG play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that sees the ironic comic value of this quote considering who said it?
Old 10-10-2004, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that sees the ironic comic value of this quote considering who said it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know. are you?

he had the 2nd best preflop hand and it's no surprise it held up. but that does'nt mean this hand is an indication of overall play at the $50s on Party. it's not a hand worth posting. that's not a diss to Sponger, although you maybe looking for it to be.