Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 12:19 PM

Default Easy One

I've been running a little bad lately and am needing some confirmation on what I see as a simple situation.

Party $50+5, First hand

UTG+1 calls T15, folded to Hero in MP. Hero has AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises to T65. Button calls, UTG+1 calls, and three players see the flop.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG+1 bets pot (T220). Hero pushes all in.

I think this is a simple push in the first hand of a typical $55 SnG with no notes on the UTG+1 player. Correct?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Easy One

Seems straightforward to me. A pot sized raise would be ok if your stack was bigger, but it's the first hand. K8 is unlikely, KQ or KJ is most likely, 88 or 55 is possible but most people do not fast play a flopped set.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:17 PM

Thanks Drone,
I just needed a logic check here as I've been starting to question those things that I've always viewed as simple in light of a recent tough run. I've started to make some poor plays and am needing to right the ship quickly.

I took a long time to make this push and he turned over KQ after calling. My AK held up, but my hesitancy on the push decision gave me concern.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:52 PM

I think call is good. The board has no draws on it so I'm keen to try and milk UTG for more.