Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 02:02 AM

Default The UN SUCKS!!! Are we the only good country? - Darfur

The Darfur incident makes me sick. 10,000 people are dieing a month and the UN is impotent because of OIL!!!!! Again, UN is impotent, because of OIL!!!!!!!! First France and Russia, now China and Pakistan.

Genocide is occuring and the US is the only one going to help. What the hell?!?!!? Where is Britain? Where is Germany?!?!? Russia??!??!? Why aren't other countries pushing hard? 10,000 people a month, and no one cares because of OIL!!!! WTF!
Old 10-08-2004, 06:34 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Re: The UN SUCKS!!! Are we the only good country? - Darfur

Until the UN becomes a positive force for freedom and justice in the world, the US and our correct-thinking allies will have to do the job by ourselves.

No "Global Test" here as long as I am President.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:06 AM

Let's see. Among the trademark classic moves of the U.N.:

1) Appointing rogue nations like Lybia and Iran to head their Human Rights committees

2) Get rich of the completely corrupt "Oil for Food" program (no wonder Kofi Annan recently called the Iraq war "illegal."

3) Twiddle their thumbs during the worst cases of Genocide in the past 2 decades: Bosnia-Kosovo, Rwanda, and Sudan.

4) Cost NYC millions in unpaid parking tickets.

As long as America is held on the same moral plane as rogue nations in the U.N. world, we will never be able to acocmplish anything meaningful in that body.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:37 AM

The UN may suck in its own ways, although it has often looked a lot better than the US in responding to these crises - such as in East Timor a while back - than most critics would like to admit.

I hope you are joking when you ask, "Are we the only good country?"
Old 10-08-2004, 02:07 PM

mmmmmmmmmm....out of context....

rj
Old 10-08-2004, 02:21 PM

The UN is a joke. Always has been. Everybody agrees on that point.

After all, it is why the Security Council and not the General Assembly has the real power. U.S., China, Russia, G.B. and France all agree that the General Assembly can never be given any power over the military power of the UN. Hence, a 15 member council with 5 permanent members with veto power that leaves the rest of the UN in the cold.

I was opposed to the Iraq war but for reasons other than those of most. Most others wanted 1) a stronger UN resolution and/or 2) more time for the UN to handle the situation and/or 3) more cooperation from France, Russia, Germany and China.

The Benz for Oil Program shows the stupidity of those reasons for opposing the war.

I was against the war but do think that if it the war was necessary that the US had to lead unilaterally and waiting on the UN and France was a fantasy. And Kerry and Edwards are the one in denial as to that option.

The objective analysis is that the various reports this week on no WMDs (which is not really new since we have all known it for over a year) and the Benz for Oil program leaves both campaigns completely discredited.

Bush "He has WMDs"

Kerry "The UN process is working, we need France and Germany on board, give sanctions more time"

They are both a joke on this issue. One man in denial that Saddam had WMDs and one man in denial that he is not a pacifist.

Bush tied his argument to WMDs and Kerry tied his argument to the UN and Old Europe. Both are fools.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Agreed: UN is Useless

I'd wish the USA would quit the UN..... I have ZERO respect for that corrupt bag of ****.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Agreed: UN is Useless

you refer, of course, to the USA
Old 10-08-2004, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The UN is a joke. Always has been. Everybody agrees on that point.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is quite an assertion

[ QUOTE ]

I was opposed to the Iraq war but for reasons other than those of most. Most others wanted 1) a stronger UN resolution and/or 2) more time for the UN to handle the situation and/or 3) more cooperation from France, Russia, Germany and China.

The Benz for Oil Program shows the stupidity of those reasons for opposing the war.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you've proven your point nicely there....?!?

[ QUOTE ]

I was against the war but do think that if it the war was necessary that the US had to lead unilaterally and waiting on the UN and France was a fantasy. And Kerry and Edwards are the one in denial as to that option.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why, exactly, were you against the war?

[ QUOTE ]

The objective analysis is that the various reports this week on no WMDs (which is not really new since we have all known it for over a year) and the Benz for Oil program leaves both campaigns completely discredited.

Bush "He has WMDs"

Kerry "The UN process is working, we need France and Germany on board, give sanctions more time"

They are both a joke on this issue. One man in denial that Saddam had WMDs and one man in denial that he is not a pacifist.

Bush tied his argument to WMDs and Kerry tied his argument to the UN and Old Europe. Both are fools.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it that you think the sanctions were designed to do, that they were not in fact doing?
I've always thought that the sanctions were meant to prevent Saddam from re-arming. I think that by any measure, they were fabulously effective in that regard. They did have the nasty side effect of hurting the Iraqi people, which the oil for FOOD program was designed (unsuccessfully) to mitigate...
Old 10-08-2004, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is it that you think the sanctions were designed to do, that they were not in fact doing?
I've always thought that the sanctions were meant to prevent Saddam from re-arming. I think that by any measure, they were fabulously effective in that regard. They did have the nasty side effect of hurting the Iraqi people, which the oil for FOOD program was designed (unsuccessfully) to mitigate...

[/ QUOTE ]

Your obviously new to this forum. I'll repeat something you said to me.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to say this, but perhaps if you removed your head from your ass, you would discover a neat little tool by the name of google...

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Everything you said in the first quote is 100% wrong, and I've explained it a million times. But to save you some work.
================================================== ========================================
I have an idea, lets ask Maxim.

http://www.maximonline.com/the_ride/...icle_5274.html

BTW, did we have troops on the border of Iraq while France was still selling Iraq weapons? Or was that a week before we showed up on the border, I can't tell. Shows you how much they care about us.

French Connection
http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...3000-1796r.htm

Jim Ewald's A-10 Thunderbolt fighter over Baghdad and the discovery that it was a French-made Roland missile that brought down the American pilot and destroyed a $13 million aircraft. .... A week after Ewald's A-10 was downed, an Army team searching Iraqi weapons depots at the Baghdad airport discovered caches of French-made missiles. One anti-aircraft missile, among a cache of 51 Roland-2s from a French-German manufacturing partnership, bore a label indicating that the batch was produced just months earlier.

In May, Army intelligence found a stack of blank French passports in an Iraqi ministry, confirming what U.S. intelligence already had determined: The French had helped Iraqi war criminals escape from coalition forces — and therefore justice.

Then, there were French-made trucks and radios and the deadly grenade launchers, known as RPGs, with French-made night sights. Saddam loyalists used them to kill American soldiers long after the toppling of the dictator's regime.