Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 09:33 PM

Default Scenes From a Slump

Warning: Recreational complaining ahead!!

Things that have happened in the last 3 nights of slumping SnG play:

- Two nights ago, I exit 5 SnGs in a row in 4th or 5th place going all-in with the best hand -- two coinflips, one 2 high vs. 2 lower cards, and two dominating. Estimated chance of occuring - less than 0.2%
- Last night -- On bubble with big stack at T3500. Watch all three opponents go all-in six times total in short-stack desperation situations and survive. Half the times the all-in player was a favorite. None were dominating since all were of the desperation all-in get called by marginal hand due to pot odds. When BB hits 500 I eventually go all-in with a better hand and of course get knocked out. Estimated chance of occurring -- less than 0.1%.
- Tonight. I'm all in on the bubble twice with AA, against AK and 66, and get knocked out both times. Estimated chance of occurring -- a relatively robust 1.5%.

I've played enough poker that I know taht these things happen. It doesn't upset me. Much.

What I am mostly is amazed at the weird, wild things that happen probabalistically when you are in the midst of a slump.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Scenes From a Slump

ALERT THE BAD BEAT POLICE. Where are your poker questions at? If you are going to post a bad beat go to www.riveredagain.com Stop wasteing 2+2ers time with this bad beat post.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Scenes From a Slump

[ QUOTE ]
ALERT THE BAD BEAT POLICE. Where are your poker questions at? If you are going to post a bad beat go to www.riveredagain.com Stop wasteing 2+2ers time with this bad beat post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please dont assume what it is that I want to read. I had sympathy with this post because yesterday I had a 15 NMF run.

If you dont want to read it then use your back button.