Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 05:49 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Saddam paid off French leaders

Saddam paid off French leaders

Still want to submit to a "Global Test" under the French?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Saddam paid off French leaders

The global test has nothing to do with whether or not France or any other country approves. By global test Kerry simply meant that we should follow a reasonable plan that meets a most basic set of criteria.

Here is the way he used global test in the debate:
[ QUOTE ]

But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the global test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Still want to submit to a "Global Test" under the French?"

Yes. If the President of the United States is going to send some of my friends and brother in law into a sovereign nation in a preemptive attack I would want him to explain to the American people in an understandable way why we are doing so. He also should be able to prove to foreign leaders that he did so for legitimate reasons. If he is not able to do so then our reasons for going are shaky and war should be avoided.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:09 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default French connection armed Saddam

French connection armed Saddam

How low can the French go?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Re: French connection armed Saddam

They drink lattes, pea on the sidewalks, don't take showers very often and love Jerry Lewis--does that answer your question [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2004, 08:40 AM

I can't stand John Kerry and truly believe that he is more of a internationalist when it come to the US military but it does seem that he meant more of a "reasonable person" test much like we use for domestic laws and courts. I bet he wishes he would have used a different phrase.

BTW care to explain why the first gulf war did not meeet the "global test?" Anyone?
Old 10-07-2004, 11:13 AM

"The global test is the awareness of a decent respect for mankind and getting them on board."

- John McLaughlin
Old 10-07-2004, 11:16 AM

I was hoping to add something to this thread. Unfortunately, tek said it all!!!

Nice job tek!!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW care to explain why the first gulf war did not meeet the "global test?" Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is important when evaluating Kerry's "global test" comment. Some might argue that the first gulf war was not a preemptive action by the U.S. maybe even Kerry would.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: French connection armed Saddam

[ QUOTE ]
French connection armed Saddam

How low can the French go?

[/ QUOTE ]

My question is

A week after Ewald's A-10 was downed, an Army team searching Iraqi weapons depots at the Baghdad airport discovered caches of French-made missiles. One anti-aircraft missile, among a cache of 51 Roland-2s from a French-German manufacturing partnership, bore a label indicating that the batch was produced just months earlier.

Were the French selling Saddam weapons when we had troops on the border? In a court of law that would be described as .....
Old 10-07-2004, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand John Kerry and truly believe that he is more of a internationalist when it come to the US military but it does seem that he meant more of a "reasonable person" test much like we use for domestic laws and courts. I bet he wishes he would have used a different phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, also why does Iraq require a gloabal test but North Korea doesn't? I don't get it.