Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Double You Tee Eff?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds.

River: (14.66 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 16.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 has Ac 7c (two pair, kings and sevens).
MP3 has As Ad (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: MP3 wins 16.66 BB. </font>
Old 10-06-2004, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Double You Tee Eff?

MP2 is obviously working on improving his Aggression Factor in Poker Tracker so that he can graduate from 'Eagle' to 'Moneybags' using bisonbison's classifications. Obviously.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:32 AM

limp preflop.

What's the question? Madtown, we like actual content in our hand posts here in 3/6.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
limp preflop.

What's the question? Madtown, we like actual content in our hand posts here in 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually clarify when I think it's hard to tell what the question is, but I'll start doing it all the time regardless.

The apparent double-limp-reraise preflop threw me for a total loop and I was simply baffled.

Obviously I limp 88 from nearly everywhere -- sometimes if there isn't an abundance of limpers, I'll raise it in the CO/Button. I probably shouldn't do that. My thinking is that since I have position, and I'd raise 99 in MP, that a rare aggressive move with 88 in the CO/Button is okay. But like I said, probably shouldn't be doing that.

After my raise, things just went all screwy and I was literally left sitting, saying to myself "WTF?"

Does anyone fold when it's capped, even though I've already called the 3-bet? I can't imagine that. I think the flop fold is pretty automatic.

I guess I just wanted to share a really odd hand. I was thoroughly convinced after the odd limp reraise by two players that I must be against AA and AA or something ridiculous like that.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:44 AM

Folding to the preflop cap would be ridonculous.

And of course you had to fold the flop.