Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2001, 04:26 PM

Default for the umpteenth time . . .

keep your piddly internet pl and nl stories off this forum. internet Pl & NL poker is NOT poker. Limit poker is fine on the internet because its for mindless robots anyway. But PL/NL cannot be played or understood on line. And the situations you get yourself into in cyberspace are of no use to ANYONE! Cyberpoker is the equivalent of cybersex, a waste of time, and i dont want to hear about either of them.

Please, geeks of the world, make your way to your local card room and lose money to a real player, LIKE ME. I will be appearing at the Bike many wed. nights for the live no limit, thurs at palace station in LV. fri & sat. at the stardust and various other home games.

Try this on line: 2&5 NL @ Stardust (we kicked up the blinds) sucker has about $1000 I have $1000 and am sitting directly to his right. He raises or straddles almost every pot. At least 2 times an hour I get a chance to isolate with a limp re-raise (if i do it too often i will get re-popped by another cagy player)my cards dont matter because . . .he has a killer tell (a classic). As the flop is spread he will look at his chips if he intends to bet. he will look at me if he misses. HOW SWEET IT IS, the cards might as well be face up! I took pots down on three occassions with a bet on the flop without ever looking at my cards.
Old 12-12-2001, 04:34 PM

Default Re: for the umpteenth time . . .

I think the fact that Mason/Chuck changed the name of this forum after we had a discussion of this very topic speaks for itself.

I do agree that it would be nice if there would be more posts on bigger NL/PL games.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com
Old 12-12-2001, 06:08 PM

I was playing in the 10c 25c no limit game on ultimate bet I was dealt 99 in the cutoff and raised $1, I was called by the BB and a limper. Flop is J high rainbow. BB bets 25c (as usual), limper calls. I raise $2, BB folds limper reraises TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS. I folded. What would y... oh shit just read the first line of your post again.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:23 PM

Default To: limon

limon,

Any time you wanna play heads up 25-50 with 20K stacks I'm there. Stop by Lucky Chances at about 2 this Friday and I'll be happy to gut you like the fish that you are.

Old 12-12-2001, 07:08 PM

Default Re: To: limon

ive played at lc several times you nit. the game is not good enough to go so far out of my way. The only game i flew regularly for was the albq. game w/ banker sam (rip). Funny, i dont remember a blowhard named wednesday at the table, although many will remeber the occasional brit player who took the game for thousands. btw i'm a professional i dont get envolved in grudge matches unless im taking way the best of it. you are obviously an amatuer or you would have no inclination to put your money on the line against a proven pro. i seek to play against the worst players i can find at all times, you are probably among that group, but i dont want to put 50k on it and let you luck into my bankroll by cracking 4Q's w/a straight flush. I've done that in the past and learned from my mistakes. I will play the biggest or smallest NL/PL game in hte house i follow the suckers not the blinds.
Old 12-12-2001, 07:54 PM

limon,

Ok so If I'm a sucker then then play me. But you're afraid of bad luck? What 25-50 is too hi? You can't risk 10-20k against a sucker? How much do you make in a year? After all you are a "proven pro".

You play for money... I understand. Money is something I have lots of already. I play to win. I want to bust a hot shot pro that thinks he is god's gift to poker becuase he beats up on weak players. Come and get me if you can.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:59 PM

It seems limon can talk the talk but can't walk the walk...

FatLoser
Old 12-12-2001, 11:17 PM

MMmmmmm that chicken smells good.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:05 AM

Regardless of what you think about his personality, it's obvious to me limon is what he says. He knows too much about the games to be a railbird. I can't remember running into him, but if he played in Albuquerque, we have probably butted heads.

I know he pisses you guys off, but he's for real.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:59 AM

Unless Mason says differently it seems to me that this forum is appropriate for discussion of big bet poker games. While the games on the internet are definitely different from those played live there are some simularities. Its not exactly like this forum is overrun with posts such that its hard to keep up.

I would keep the "Internet Gambling" forum covering issues specific to internet gambling.