Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 12:09 PM

Default How did I do?

No reads apart from MP3 is loose.
How did I do on the flop? The turn?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (22 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

EDIT- the MP1 guy went all in at the flop. Not sure how this missed the convertor. oh well.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: How did I do?

DeeJ-

You played this hand well, even though you may have lost.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:21 PM

I hate it when I raise the flop and they bet into me on the turn.

The Q coming on the turn is a potentially bad card for you, of he has 77 or 66 he has made his full house and you need the board to pair again, if he has a made flush you are still behind. Basically you are hoping he has 2 pair or a worse Queen.

Having said that I still play it the same as you, once he three bets the turn I am in call down mode and I think you are probably beat.

I'd be interested in seeing what others think about going into call down mode once he leads the turn.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:25 PM

The only reason I can see for raising this turn is that Hero is the PFR and if he and villain are sharing a queen, villain is HIGHLY unlikely to believe that. However, on this board I think calling down would be appropriate--actually, spiking an ace one the river would have been my move of choice.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically you are hoping he has 2 pair or a worse Queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two pair is unlikely as the queen would have counterfeited one and he led the turn. Based on my read though, I may still call down.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: How did I do? - RESULTS

As correctly predicted, I lost.

SB has 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , full house and HHIG
Button has K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a flopped flush that lost
MP1 (all in guy) had J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

So I came in a poor 3rd. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I pretty much thought I needed to river a Q,A,7 or 6 to win, although there was still the possibility that SB had the other Q, and Button was on a draw.

How many outs were there? 1xQ 3xA 3x6 3x7 - 10 outs. Does this mean I should raise the turn or merely call it? I am not going to fold out any 4-flushes, nor any Q, although I'm ahead of KQ or QJ I am obviously behind to any made flush or better.