Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 10:01 PM

Default I\'d Pay $200 For Ray\'s Shrthnd/NL Book...

..so long as it was done Super/System style, with contributions from Steve Lott, Bobby Hoff & Carl McKelvey. The "tales from the trail", like Tommy Angelo mentioned in his WSOP column, alone would be worth it, never mind the technical info(Tommy oughta be strung up for not sneaking a tape recorder along to his dinner w/Steve & Bobby [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] )

Although Ray is right that such a book would have no mass-market appeal, I believe it could be profitable as a limited edition, if not necessarily worth his time.

Of course, Ray could just simply talk into a tape recorder for a few hours and Mason could transcribe and print it verbatim with no editing. Works for TJ & Dana Smith.... And whatever happened to the Dan Harrington book? Has Dan retired like he said he might?
Old 11-26-2001, 10:38 PM

Default Re: I\'d Pay $200 For Ray\'s Shrthnd/NL Book...

poor ray, bet he wished he could take it all back about now....careful what ya wish for old buddy (heh)
Old 11-27-2001, 02:32 AM

my main problem is i have a big mouth that accomadates my foot real easily.
Old 11-27-2001, 02:36 AM

steve, bobby and carl are friends and i just as soon they didnt play any better as its tough enough trying not to get broke to them in a pot. and as for dan he is kinda retired and more lazy than i am.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:43 AM

"Works for TJ & Dana Smith"

It may work but it doesn't work very well. We won't do books written at that quality level, and we also spend a great deal of time assuring that any information and advice that we publish is extremely accurate.
Old 11-27-2001, 01:09 PM

thats why its no fun writing books with mason. every dam thing has to be right on and we go over and over all the ideas to make sure everything is correct. about the only thing ever gets missed is little typo errors or small stuff. i hate the guy, he just wants everything too good.
Old 11-27-2001, 02:14 PM

Default OK,mason, I\'ll bite....

what is "extremely accurate"---is that more accurate than accurate??
Old 11-27-2001, 05:33 PM

It's amazing. Ray Zee would be nothing if it wasn't for me and this is the respect I get?
Old 11-27-2001, 05:38 PM

Default Re: OK,mason, I\'ll bite....

Your question is more pertinent than you realize. It means that the material will not only be accurate but highly detailed as well with emphasis on what's really important. (This isn't easy to do and is why I have to listen to Ray and David's constant complaining about how hard I work them.) Thus if you study and are willing to do the appropriate work, have proper discipline, etc. you will be able to beat most poker games. Virtually no one else can make that claim.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:03 PM

Default Re: OK,mason, I\'ll bite....

Virtually no one else can make that claim.

"Virtually" no one? That implies that there is someone, right? Who?