Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 09:02 AM

Default One mistake or two?

Party 20+2
Loose aggressive game so far and I'm about the only one playing tight. It had been easy because I have had nothing.
6 handed blinds 25/50
sb(t585) bb(t2665)utg(t870) utg+1(t870)utg+2(t2735) hero(t575)otb w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
folded to me and I raise t100(I think this is my big mistake i should have folded or pushed. the bb was definetly lag and if came over the top I would have given it up.)
sb folds bb calls
flop comes 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb bets t450 and I push the rest of my chips
he thinks about it before he calls the last t25
then turns over J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
but the turn comes J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the river was a blank and I go home. I don't think the call was bad my read was correct he just got lucky but what should I have done pre flop? Push or fold.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:39 AM

Default Re: One mistake or two?

One mistake. Push or fold PF. Min-raises are worthless. I'd push.

Calling depends on how comfortable you are with a short-stack, and when the blinds are going up. If they're going up soon, although you aren't getting odds, I think you gotta call, just because if you don't your tournament is pretty much over.