Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Ultimate Bet - I hate you....

So, for some reason I took Ultimate Bet up on their little 50% up to $100 reload bonus. I cleared it and was ready to move on, so I requested my money from Neteller.

Now, I have cashed out from Ultimate Bet at least 15 times before, all to Neteller, and nothing in my account address on UB or Neteller has changed. But all of a sudden this time I get an e-mail from Ultimate Bet telling me they can not process my cash out through Neteller until I fax them my Driver's License - BUT they said if I wanted to cash out by check that was O.K. The problem they said was this - when I first signed up at Ultimate Bet I used the Jr. suffix on my name - and on my Neteller account I didn't use the Jr. I suppose I should of been more careful to have the names match exactly, which I do now, but UB was the first site I signed up at and I guess I wasn't as careful as I should of been. But I just can't understand after all this time how come they are doing this now?? Especially after all those times I cashed out with Neteller from UB with no problem at all??? This I don't understand.

So, I'm just taking my little cashout by check. And of course throwing my UB hat into the garbage, and vowing never to play there again. UB is a bad site anyway: servers always going down, bonuses that are difficult to clear, and games filled with rock gardens quoting you reverse implied pot odds at the .01 - .02 tables. I don't know why I even bothered to chase their bonus anyway...

I hate you Ultimate Bet....

I also think I heard that Dutch Boyd now owns Ultimate Bet, he says his crew and him will do a better job with your money at Ultimate Bet. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I guess that's why Ultimate Bet is slow with the cashouts now - their doing things the Dutch way now [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet - I hate you....

You are, in a word... stupid.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are, in a word... stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt go that far, maybe Bitter. I think UB just never caught the name thing and they are taking some extra security measures. I would welcome that.

As for UB going down... this was the first major issue they had in like 9 months. It gave me a chance to try out another site (Stars). And this is what I found:

UB games are Faster than PS
UB software interface is Better than PS
PS players are weaker than UB (slight downside)
UB and PS customer service are pretty equal

In the end, UB ranks way above Stars for me and I UB keeps up the good work.

-so
Old 09-30-2004, 12:24 AM

Why would you welcome this cashout hassle? What is the sites risk here? Extra security measures should be justified by common sense logic.

UB customer support equal to PokerStars? Either you have been very luck with your UB support contacts or you have been smoking a little too much of something! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2004, 12:44 AM

Stars and Paradise support far surpass UB in support. It's not even close.

UB support is disorganized and has mucho incompetence.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either you have been very luck with your UB support contacts or you have been smoking a little too much of something! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I smoke a lot of that something and I still get good service from UB. They even overpaid me once when a tourney screwed up. They gave me $80 more than I was asking for.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:00 AM

you can ask the same question 3 different X to UB in 3 different e-mails and get 3 VERY different answers from their different reps.
many of them have no idea what's going on.

a few montsh ago it took me 5 e-mails to try to figure get my full payments for the SNG-crazy bonus promotion. they never figured out that THEY had sent ME an e-mail that i had been paid twice but still not for the full-amount....even though I enclosed copies of the e-mail that THEY sent ME each time.

they can really mess things up when they try.

on their own reloads, half of their reps are likely to tell you that they are good for new players only and the other half will tell you that the reload is good for everyone.

Stars and Paradise almost never have these kinds of problems.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And of course throwing my UB hat into the garbage

[/ QUOTE ]
If your gonna throw your hat into the trash, could you at least post a trip report on its uses for holding urine?
Old 09-30-2004, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your gonna throw your hat into the trash, could you at least post a trip report on its uses for holding urine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any of the promotional hats that don't have the little holes in the top. I may have to invest in some duct tape or shoe goo or something. An alternative may be to take sprinting lessons or move the computer closer to the back door!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2004, 03:50 AM

What I like about UB:
1) Software.
2) Large user base, lots of games going.

What I dislike about UB:
1) Crappy support, especially the request 200 hands per day limit.
2) Bonus impossible to clear unless you enjoy playing heads up.
3) Something's wrong with my game or I hit a bad stretch of cards, but I'm down $500 after 4,000 hands. I have never gone on such big a down swing anywhere else.