Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Two suck outs in a game?

Two suck outs in a single game?
I have started to play 30+3 level and find it a lot of fun. While I am doing pretty well so far, this game just knock me off.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed)

BB (t545)
Hero (t760)
UTG+1 (t763)
MP1 (t775)
MP2 (t2107)
MP3 (t1085)
CO (t778)
Button (t755)
SB (t432)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, UTG+1 calls t80, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.
I have no read on her so far.

Flop: (t185) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t175</font>, UTG+1 calls t175.
I think my bet should knock out any draw out of the table, what might she have? Could she slow playing higher pocket pairs?

Turn: (t535) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200.
I decide to check to see where I am at and ready to fold to an all in. But she just bet 200, well, should I reraise all in here?

River: (t935) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: t935

Results in white below:
Hero has Jc Jd (two pair, jacks and fours).
UTG+1 has 8d Ad (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins t935.

Well , what the heck does she call PF raise and bet on the flop for? Well, it’s a long way to go.

A few hands later, I managed to get back my original stacks, and was in bb this time.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed)

SB (t375)
Hero (t920)
UTG (t998)
UTG+1 (t1342)
MP1 (t1872)
MP2 (t935)
CO (t798)
Button (t760)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t50, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets t150</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t870 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 calls t720.
Well, jack pot two pair! I decide to check raise all in and he called?

Turn: (t1890) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1890) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1890

Results in white below:
Hero has Jh 3s (two pair, jacks and threes).
UTG+1 has 8c 9c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins t1890.

I cannot believe he called my all in w 4 flush. But with retrospect, should I just move all in on the flop instead of check raise to punish his odds more?

Did I play those hands wrong or I am not just not lucky?
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Two suck outs in a game?

Bad beats happen, deal with it, especially when players are loose.

I think you made a VERY dangerous call on the turn there. Unless he's trying to call-steal, I think you should fold that or go all in. Decide if you have the best hand right then and there, act accordingly. Really, $200 more is a lot of your stack.

And if you lose two pair to a flush draw, so be it. A lot of times, people are getting odds to chase, he wasn't here, just keep getting your chips in when they have 9 outs or less and you have TPGK or better.