Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Allow myself to introduce......myself

I know there have been alot of "first posts" up lately and I appreciate you checking this one out, so I'll try and keep it short and sweet.

I've been playing Hold 'Em for about 10 months now - I got hooked by somehow winning the first tournament (about 30 players) I played in. I've been playing online for about 7-8 months, at Stars and more recently at Party. I started playing NL SnG's exclusively, but started playing limit for the last 2 months (mainly .50/1, though I've had a few sessions of 1/2). During the time I've been playing Limit, I've been lurking here. I've read a few books (Sklansky's Hold' Em and one of TJ's NL books) too.

I had moderate success at the SnG's, but my bankroll either floated or slowly shrank. Then I played .5/1 for a change of pace and started winning immediately. I didn't have a losing session for about 3-4 weeks and turned my $50 at Party into $550. I wasn't putting in a million hands a day, but would usually play for a couple hours and think about qutting when I had at least doubled my $25 buy-in. I figured I was on a pretty good run and it wouldn't be that way forever, but then I hit a wall (shocker??). In a pretty short period of time I dropped about 130BB and couldn't win a hand to save my life. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but still. If I had top pair, someone had 2 pair. Had a set, someone had a straight, etc... etc... I didn't feel that my style of play that I was winning with had changed and I won't suggest that Party is rigged [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So I've decided to re-evaluate my play and see if I can stem this losing streak and become a consistent winner. I've started reading SSH and visiting 2+2 more religiously and I downloaded PokerTracker last night as I figure I'll need it to discuss my play intelligently here... and this brings me to my first QUESTION: how do I properly install the Beta patch to get my Party HH's imported?

I downloaded the patch, but things seemed to get screwed up and when I tried to import the HH's, the whole program went on tilt and I couldn't even open it anymore. I used my GoBack program to get it functioning again.

Please help, so I can get on to my other 30 gazillion questions [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (Sorry I lied about the post being short!)
Old 09-25-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Allow myself to introduce......myself

Welcome,

Try this:

http://www.pokertracker.com/partyhd.html

-Sent
Old 09-25-2004, 05:22 PM

Sent, thanks for the link. I got the patch downloaded properly and imported my most recent 1000 hands, the ones where I have been on a slide.

Can you, or anyone, give me some starting reference point for all these stats that I'm looking at for my play? I don't really have any context by which to judge my numbers. Are there any type of numbers for any particular stat that newer players should use as a guideline???
Old 09-25-2004, 05:44 PM

Sort the micro forum by views, then look for Red_Rain's post on Micro personal progress. I think a lot of people posted their stats in there. Then, post some hands.