Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 12:08 PM

Default 10 person vs 9 person

Is there truly a difference in the results between these two? Intuition tells me that you would cash more frequently at the 9 person tables but the prize money is correspondingly lower.

My record keeping to date is terrible. All I know is that I win more than my fair share of single tables. I have downloaded the tilthappens spreadsheet and intend to keep precise records starting now.

A couple of other questions. For record keeping purposes, does it make sense to stay at one level for a while? Also, is there an easy way of calculating what level I should be playing. Most of my games have been $20+2 and $30+3 but I do the occasional $50 and played my 1st $100 last night. Despite placing 2nd in the $100, I know I don't want to deal with that kind of variance yet.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:37 PM

Default Re: 10 person vs 9 person

[ QUOTE ]
Is there truly a difference in the results between these two? Intuition tells me that you would cash more frequently at the 9 person tables but the prize money is correspondingly lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory, this is right, but the consensus is that the 9-person tables at Stars are tougher than the 10-person tables at Party. It depends on whether that one extra person is a lunatic, and at Party he often is.

[ QUOTE ]
For record keeping purposes, does it make sense to stay at one level for a while? Also, is there an easy way of calculating what level I should be playing. Most of my games have been $20+2 and $30+3 but I do the occasional $50 and played my 1st $100 last night. Despite placing 2nd in the $100, I know I don't want to deal with that kind of variance yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is up to you, but I don't think I've every heard anyone claim that you should choose your level in order to make the bookkeeping easier. Maybe I need to re-read the FAQ. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Play the games in which you have an acceptable balance between comfort and profit.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:17 PM

What's the tilthappens spreadsheet?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:58 AM

http://www.tilthappens.com/files/2Plus2SNGV2.zip

This is a great spreadsheet for tracking sit n go action. I think it was develeloped by someone here. Sorry for the lack of proper credit but I am new on this site and handles aren't familiar yet.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:35 AM

Elijah. I just downloaded the spreadsheet. Can you give me some pointers on how to start using it? Thanks!