Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Paradise Poker?

Jumping around from site to site to see what i like. I found PP to be just silly at times with all the really really loose play. UB is not as profitable as other sites as the oppenents see to be more aggressive and tricky. Pacific is profitable but without multi-tabling and its overall slowplay i am looking for something else?

How is paradise poker compared to these other sites? Profitable, tight, loose? Let me know your..
Also are there any good bonus codes out there?
Old 09-20-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker?

Paradise is a good site, nice software, and the play there is pretty soft. The play is not as fast as at party, and of course they don't have near as many people, but it is a good site with bonus' every now and then.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:09 AM

Do you know of any bonus besides the usual 25%? Like certain sites like Pacific poker will offer you 2-3 free poker books or WPT DVD for free? Anything like this for paradise?
Old 09-20-2004, 10:11 AM

paradise is fishier than they have ever been in their history. this is true of every site now, but it sure is a great change from the rock gardens of yore.

it is an excellent place for low-limit, rebuy tourneys of the multi-table variety. most of the people in the $5 multis are clearly $5 players. this provides an amazing overlay for the paitent and/or skilled. many of the $5 rebuys have approximately 200 players, with a first place of $800-$900.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:45 AM

I didn't (Paradise) like it much at first.

The software although solid, "looked" a little dated. Took me a while to get used to only having 3-5 see the flop as opposed to the Party flop fest, but once I got used to it (couple hundred hands) I found it to be quite a profitable place to play.

It changes a fair bit from day to day as well as the "time" of the day you play, visa-vie the amount of "fishiness", but they are definately there (much to the surprise of people who have been around the on-line game a while).

Their bonuses are generally fairly decent and are among the easiest to clear. I generally deposit during a re-load bonus and then let it sit there. Whenever I have a bad (extended) run of cards at Party (ah . . like now) I'll jump over to Paradise and play a little $1/2 to clear the bonus (and repad my confidence).

My 2 cents

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy
Old 09-20-2004, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know of any bonus besides the usual 25%? Like certain sites like Pacific poker will offer you 2-3 free poker books or WPT DVD for free? Anything like this for paradise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any of those bonus' no, I was refering to the reload and holiday bonus' after you set up.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Is the WPT DVD offer at Pacific

Just curious if Pacific is still offering the WPT DVD bonus for a intial deposit and how much must I initaly deposit?

Thanks,
Tuds
Old 09-20-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Is the WPT DVD offer at Pacific

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious if Pacific is still offering the WPT DVD bonus for a intial deposit and how much must I initaly deposit?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it's an affiliate who offers this bonus, not Pacific.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found PP to be just silly at times with all the really really loose play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, and what's not to like about that? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

By the way, is PP Party Poker, Pacific Poker, Plant Poker, or Paradise Poker? I guess Party.

[ QUOTE ]
How is paradise poker compared to these other sites? Profitable, tight, loose?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Paradise games are tighter. Party games are more profitable.

I like Paradise for all the other games they spread. I mix it up sometimes when I get bored with hold'em. Paradise offers draw, pineapple, lowball, 5 card stud, and some other variants you can't find at most cardrooms. Often these games can be quite profitable since many players wander over from the hold'em tables and don't really know what they're doing. A game like draw or 5 card stud is very unforgiving if you play loose.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:22 PM

Bonus code "CARD94" will get you 50% up to $100 when you open a new Paradise account. Thank CardPlayer Magazine.