Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 07:27 PM

Default 65BI live 155 player MTT. How bad is this?

Ok, we're down to about 24 players where 16 players make the money. Of course, all the money is in the top placings and I could care less about the tiny money at the bottom of the scope. The blinds are at 800/1600 with a 75 ante and I've been getting blinded out at this point, but still have 10k. The average stack is about 13k. I've gotten moved 4 times during this tournament and just sat down to this new table, so I have no reads on anybody. The large stack at the table raises it to 4k from MP and its folded to me in the BB with QJs with T8400 left. I opt to call here and decide that I'm going to push on pretty much any flop especially if there is no A or K, but might checkcallallin if I flop top pair... The flop comes rags rainbow and I push, and get called by pocket kings and bust.

Where did I go wrong in this hand? Should I have just folded it preflop here or is this the time to take a stand? Do I fold to his flop bet or is the push here justified? I thought that the stop and go was a better play because if I push allin preflop I'm going to get called as he is potcommitted and my hand is most likely an underdog or at best a race.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:34 PM

Default Re: 65BI live 155 player MTT. How bad is this?

fold to the raiser.

with no reads, it's unlikely that you're ahead in this hand.

gotta try to stick it out a little longer. and pray for a hand you can win with with no improvement.