Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 06:43 AM

Default How did your winrate handle playing more than 4 tables??

Just curious to get some thoughts and ideas on playing more than 4 at a time, i've been 4 tabling for quite a while and am about to take the plunge into 5,6,7 and 8 table madness (gradually [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]).

Did any of you guys suffer noticeable drops in your winrate when you added the 5th and 6th? And was it a long term thing or just temp whilst you got used to it?

Any special layouts or anything, i've got a dell 20" which fits 4 perfectly and have been experimenting adding the others in a plus shape on top which seems to be ok, until i can justify getting another monitor

Did anyone tighten up substantially in order to do this, or has it been fine with your normal game.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:06 AM

Default Re: How did your winrate handle playing more than 4 tables??

Basically if you can eliminate accidently folding the best hand (or worse, letting yourself time out when you've got the nuts), your winrate shouldn't suffer much. If you're playing 4 tables blind without reads, 8 tables won't seriously affect your winrate, since its probably next to impossible to get reads on 72 different opponents.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:52 AM

Timed out on the nuts last night while 7-tabling. Was paying way too much attention to a flopped set of Kings that lost to a rivered straight and when I turned back to my nut flush draw (that hit on the turn while I was distracted), I saw them fold while some jagoff typed in the inevitable "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."
Old 09-19-2004, 12:21 PM

I'm up to 6 tables of 5/10 6 max, about 400 to 450 hands per hour with no real problems, no noticable dropoff. In my opinion you should get the 2nd moniter first as it makes it far easier. Not only can you maintain the no overlap you have now, but you also don't have the lobby's and pokertracker popping up over the games. Makes a huge difference IMO. If the dell 20" is their flap panal I'm envyios, but you can pick up a 19" crt for under $200 to get you started.

Steve
Old 09-19-2004, 01:04 PM

I went from 4 SH 5/10 tables to 8 5/10 SH tables. The drop in BB/100 wasn't as big as I first expected. I pretty much played on autopilot at that limit anyways so not much changed aside from noticing the horrible LAGs. I was getting over 700 hands/hr. I didn't adjust at all, I just jumped from 4 to 8 in one day.

No special setup, just using those nice Dell 2001 FPs. If you're going to go dual LCDs, try and pick up a video card that has dual DVI outputs. There are some nice Nvidia 6800 GT cards out that have dual DVI support. If you're on a budget, you could just buy two $30-50 video cards.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:45 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

you actually managed to time out SITTING AT THE DESK? you shouldn't be playing that many tables, and deserve all the "zzz"s that you get.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you actually managed to time out SITTING AT THE DESK? you shouldn't be playing that many tables, and deserve all the "zzz"s that you get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I have trouble when I get too many playable hands at once. I end up focused on the one hand and miss one or more others. This happens fairly rarely, though. It cuts into my EV a bit, but not enough to not play. I did cut back from 7-8 tables, and now play 6 most of the time, which I find more managable.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:21 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

if 7 causes a full timeout i think 4-5 would be best. maybe 4 ring games and a tourney?
Old 09-19-2004, 03:27 PM

I suck at tourneys. I just get focused on one thing and forget the rest. I've been known to time out when three-tabling (although very rarely). I'll apologize in advance if I do it while at your table.

(BTW, did we sit at the same 3/6 last night?)
Old 09-19-2004, 03:59 PM

i don't play 3/6