Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2004, 12:49 PM

Default sfasfsdf

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

I thought about betting out here as well as check raising, but decided to wait until the turn.......right or wrong?

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

So much for c/r the turn, not the card I wanted to see......gulp

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

I'm lost for sure now, a pair on the board, three spades......I've made it a guessing game.......tell me what line you would have taken........

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 6c 7c (straight, nine high).
MP1 has Tc 9c (two pair, nines and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>
Old 09-16-2004, 12:54 PM

Default Re: sfasfsdf

Bet this flop. Never slow play a straight on the flop, especially w/ 2 flush cards out there.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:55 PM

Check-raise the flop, bet the turn and the river. If MP1 caught his flush so be it. You have to be more aggressive.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:56 PM

ugh x 10

bet/raise/cap flop
bet turn, call 3-bet
check call river if 3-bet, otherwise lead river.

Don't fear the flush.
Don't slowplay made hands that are very vulnerable to redraws.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:09 PM

Challenger, nice to see ya back.

I would check raise the flop. See this post, that no one responded to (Cheap Attempt at Comments) for a similar hand.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;sb=5&amp;o=

I also think you can check raise the turn, you'll know if your beat.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM

Bet the flop.
Bet the turn.
Bet the river.

Garland
Old 09-16-2004, 01:18 PM

Thanks Matty, it's good to be back. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I also fell for your trap and responded to your other post.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:39 PM

I agree with the previous postings. This type of passive play allows your opponents to make profitable calls on their draws. If your opponents have either the backdoor or made flush draw, you must try to minimize the profitability of their draws. The turn should also be played more aggressively, you should not start slow playing or calling down a hand until someone gives you a good reason to, and no one has indicated any serious strength in this hand. Regardless, there are many hands that you still beat, including unsuccessful backdoor flushes, pocket overpairs, two pairs, and three fives. The key to this type of hand is aggression unless you have seriously strong evidence to believe that you are beaten.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:00 PM

The one thing that really disturbs me about how you played this hand is your call on the flop. You have the nuts. The guy to your immediate left bets, gets called in two places and it comes back around to you. At this point you are in a perfect position to trap all of these opponents for multiple bets. When people have committed one bet to a street they are very, very likely to keep calling all additional bets. This was one of the best possible outcomes for your flop check and you didn't seize the opportunity.

/mc
Old 09-16-2004, 02:07 PM

You should quit playing. This game is too scary for you. Barring that, check-raise the flop. Get the money in there with the best hand. Since you didn't, check-raise the turn. No one is representing a flush.

my 2 cents.
Eric