Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Bet this river?

Should I bet this river? The call on the turn kind of scared me.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: mcp33p4n75 is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, mcp33p4n75 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

mcp33p4n75: position call

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, mcp33p4n75 checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">mcp33p4n75 raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, mcp33p4n75 checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.50 BB, between UTG and mcp33p4n75.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by mcp33p4n75 (7.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has Qh Ac (high card, ace).
mcp33p4n75 has 6s 9c (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: mcp33p4n75 wins 7.50 BB. </font>
Old 09-15-2004, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Bet this river?

McPeepants,

There are several problems here, not the least of which is that your name is McPeepants.

Love,
lil'
Old 09-15-2004, 03:37 PM

Don't play 69o in any position unless you are checking on the big blind! If you shouldn't play it for one bet, don't play it for two.

Your advantage in position doesn't make up for the fact that your hand stinks! This is essentially two wasted bets when you call here.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:45 PM

You called 2 bets cold pre-flop with 69o, and you're worried about the nuances of river value bets?

On a positive note, mcpeepants is one of the funniest user names I've read in a while.

As an added aside, UTG raising Preflop and then checking this flop is just stellar.

Jon

Jon
Old 09-15-2004, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a positive note, mcpeepants is one of the funniest user names I've read in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those that don't know the reference, I believe he's named after a character on Adult Swim's strange show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force".
Old 09-15-2004, 03:58 PM

I'm taking away all of McP's originality points, then.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that don't know the reference, I believe he's named after a character on Adult Swim's strange show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force".

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true. He's MC Pee Pants and he's a giant spider. He releases a rap album about how he likes candy. Then he tells the people that listen to the album to come to his place (6-1-2 Wharf Avenue) so he can use their hyped-up-on-sugar brain power to power a drill that will drill into Hell. Once he drills into Hell, he will release demons to help him carry out his global diet pill pyramid scheme. Fairly standard, IMO.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:43 PM

MC PeePants is nowhere near the adversary as those who hail from the Shining Center of the Know Universe, the Moon. In fact, on the moon we have such eloquent and rythmic MC's that we have long ago surpassed the meager ryhmes which you earthlings call rap. Da Moon Rulez #1.

Inignot&amp;Err

ps. glad to see you made it to 2+2 MC. I have seen you around for awhile.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:44 PM

Fold preflop. seriously. Fold preflop.

peace

john nickle
Old 09-15-2004, 04:51 PM

Good lord, fold preflop.

Having called preflop (yikes), I bet the flop when checked to, call a checkraise and fold the turn unimproved.

If I had called preflop and checked behind on the flop, first I'd locate and take my meds, then I'd indeed raise the turn, putting UTG squarely on AK/AQ.

Bet the river; he'll call.

I've seen you a bunch on the Party 2/4 tables, though you've never responded when I type "I want candy!"

Good to see you here, sort of.

Here's a small picture of MC Peepants, Meatwad, and Carl: