Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Predict Big Al\'s pick of the week

I am going out on a limb and saying the Jets. Chargers got lucky last week againist the Texans with fumbles left and right. Jets looked impressive last week and Chad didnt even do much. Santana Moss is going to come up huge. With the SD special teams, I wouldnt be surprised if he runs back a punt for a TD. Chargers are the worst team as far as I am concerned. Spread is at -3.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Predict Big Al\'s pick of the week

I dont know if its worthy of BA pick o the week but at -3 has alot of value and will prolly be -4 or worse by game time
Old 09-15-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Wow! Out of sight, out of mind THAT quickly?

talk about fickle....
Old 09-15-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Wow! Out of sight, out of mind THAT quickly?

What?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2004, 01:50 PM

Default I predict...

that there's no pick! What kind of odds can I get for that? It's like betting the tie in baccarrat, except I've got 15 other choices instead of two.

As for your pick, I haven't looked at the other games yet, but it seems reasonable. The Chargers did get lucky aginst the Texans (grr...) since they got severly outgained and got the benefit of 4 turnovers to 0. From the two that I saw, they were pretty "flukey" turnovers too; one was tipped 30 feet in the air at the line of scrimmage and another was a fumble inches away from the ground, the ball still under Davis' body but grabbed by one of the defenders. The chargers offense might be better then people predicted, but their defense is as bad as advertised. From what I saw, the Jets looked real good too, and have a high powered offense, so this is probably a good play, though I don't even know who's home and who's away yet, that may change things...
Old 09-15-2004, 02:00 PM

Default i know for a fact that its gonna be.....

dallas -4 at home v. cleveland.

he already posted it in the other gambling forum [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Now that you know the \"secret\"

try my post again
Old 09-15-2004, 05:17 PM

I also like the Jets. They had a turnover on their opening possession last week which turned into a quick Cincy TD, and they still came back to win quite easily. I thought their defense did a fine job against Rudi Johnson and a top notch O-line. A couple of teams are significantly undervalued early in the nfl season every year, and I happen to think the Jets are one of those teams this year (probably due to their 6-10 record last year, and Pennington’s struggles down the stretch against some tough teams) . While I don’t think cMart will blow up again, I think the Jets will have no problem moving the ball and scoring against a suspect Chargers defense, due to Pennington and his improved receiving core and o-line. Also, New York’s biggest weakness is the CB position, and the Chargers don’t have a stud receiver to exploit this. Too much firepower for the Bolts to handle.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:11 PM

Arizona +8 vs. NE

Arizona's not as bad as the general betting public thinks and the Patriots are not as good as the general betting public thinks. Arizona is home and in the desert with 100+ heat. Take the points.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:22 PM

Your reasoning has merit Toro but it would be a cold day in Hell before Big Al took an 8 pt dog as the shoe in of the week.