Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 01:57 AM

Default PP Super $150

2nd in chips with 30 to go. 53k. first is $26,000.....come sweat me.....jmercier2405
Old 09-15-2004, 03:01 AM

Default Re: PP Super $150

Just went to watch you, and I saw that you finished 15th. Good job. Care to share how you lost?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:05 AM

I wasn't a big fan of the push on your last hand. I know you were card dead, and AQ looked like gold, but with a push and a call in front of you, I think waiting to be first in might have been the better option.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:56 AM

Hey guys....thanks for the support. A little dissapointed to finish 15th there being the chip leader with 30 left. I won a large $100 last week for $20k so I was looking for another big score to get my momentum WAY up. Anyway, the blinds were getting very high 3000/6000 and I had something like 28k left and was on the button. I literally hadn't seen a quality Class 1 hand in about 2 or 3 hours (no exaggeration) To get to chip leader status earlier I had played great with a lot of blind steals and a lot of great bets as I hadn't shown a hand down in a long time. When I say AQ in that spot with the blinds at 1/4th of my stack I felt I just had to get lucky no matter what people in front of me did. One guy went all in UTG for like 15k so I didn't figure him for much. One caller in MP. I didn't put him on AK or QQ-AA b/c he would have raised with those hands to isolate (except maybe AA or KK). But definetely a raise with AK which was the hand I was mainly worried about. I pushed with my AQ and low and behold the caller had AK. I didn't even look at what UTG had b/c I was so annoyed by the AK. Anyway, it had become a crapshot at that point anyway. I was just annoyed at how card dead I was a crucial point. Caps off a good streak starting with the win last week, 28th on Monday and 15th last night. Just hate to get that close and not get the big $$$. Thanks to all who came to watch.

Jeff