Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Heads up preflop... when to back off. (Party 2/4)

I had 3 hands last night where I was heads up preflop. Party poker 2/4 full ring games.

Hand 1. On the button w/ Ako. There is one MP limper and its folded to me and I raise. The blinds fold and the limper calls. 2 to the flop of A33. The limper bets, I raise, he reraises and I cap. Turn is a T. He bets I raise he reraises and I call. River is an 8. He bets and I call. He flips K3 for trip threes and the win.

Hand 2. AQo in the small blind. Folded around to me and I raise. BB calls. Flop is Q77. I bet, he raises, I reraise and he calls. Turn is a 4. I bet, he raises, I reraise and he calls. River is a K. I check, he bets and I call. He flips K5o for the win.

Hand 3. Folded to me on the button and i raise w/ KJs and am called by the BB. Flop is AKJ. I bet, he raises, I reraise and he calls. Turn is an 8. I bet he raises, I reraise and he calls. River is a 6. I bet he raises and I call. He flips A6o for the win.

All three of these happened on the same table within about 20 hands. They obviously cost me a lot of money. Was I too agressive? They were all small pots since we were down to 2 players before the flop. Are these the sort of pots I should be avoiding? Or was it just bad luck. I feel like I probably make a good amount of money on people trying to defend their blinds too long when the other person obviously has them beat. On the other hand I had a miserable night last night and I'm thinking I might have been over playing these hands in a tilt state. Comments?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Heads up preflop... when to back off. (Party 2/4)

Hand 1 - you cap the flop and he bets into you on the turn, I call this down.

Hand 2 - I dont understand the turn 3 bet again he is matching the agression I go into call down mode.

Hand 3- Its a bad beat, I'm not keen on the three bet on the turn here neither but Two pair is a decent hand heads up.

I will say my heads up play is not my best area (I am trying to play a heads up game a night on start to improve).