Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2004, 12:42 AM

Default When any two will do

(1) You're short-stacked in the big blind. How small does your stack need to be to put the rest of your money in without looking at your cards?

(2) You've got a healthy stack in the big blind. A short-stacked player goes all-in, and it's folded around to you. How small does the all-in bet need to be for you to call with any two cards?

(3) You've got a healthy stack in the small blind. The big blind is short-stacked. How small does the big blind's stack need to be where you should call or put him all-in with any two?

(4) When else should you consider playing any two cards? (Assume your name is not Gus Hansen.)
Old 09-14-2004, 03:08 AM

Default Re: When any two will do

1) ... its all about pot odds here obviously... if you are getting more than 2:1 on the rest of your stack with limpers I probably push... unless its raised to me with junk I might fold...

2)Again, I would say if you are getting more than 2:1 on your money to call that I would call it

3)If he has less than another big blind left I probably push all in with any two

4) If at anytime where there are enough limps to roughly equal what you have left... I push... it will be difficult for people to call, and if you somehow get multiple callers, they will likely be eating each others outs with AJ-AK type hands

Also, anytime you're in late position to no raises and several limpers I probably play any two..
Old 09-14-2004, 04:12 AM

Default Re: When any two will do

when u have a large stack, and there is a very shortstack on the bubble, the other players are trying to just outlast the shortstack.. so a push all in against them might be a good idea as well. so u can take there blinds.