Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2004, 01:22 AM

Default Watching Dick Cheney

Just watching Dick Cheney campaign on C-Span. (Yeah, I know, I need to get a life.)

He seems to hate the back-slapping part of it. Very uncomfortable. Looks like he'd rather be having a heart attack. But he does well when speaking in front of people on a more formal basis. What he's saying is a bunch of crap, but he says it effectively. (As opposed to Kerry, who, when dishing out shovelsful, isn't very effective, and Bush, who isn't very articulate.)

He'll do well in a debate against Edwards.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Watching Dick Cheney

I saw Dickie Boy on some C-Span thing more than a month ago. It was some Town Hall meeting (He and his wife were on stage) or other such silly setup etc. He can handle himself fairly well with a limited crowd and in an informal situation but he is a bit stiff. He is quick, intelligent, and would stomp most in any debate. That doesn't mean he would come across to all as a great candidate or even the winner of a debate because the winner in any debate is almost always based on emotion, presentation, use of buzz words, what kind of tie they wear, and other esoteric stuff.

I think Dick Cheney is, at least partly, a misanthrope. I can see it in his eyes. Thus, I like him. This is one reason why I’m voting for Bush - aside from God telling me to that is. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno
Old 09-13-2004, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think Dick Cheney is, at least partly, a misanthrope. I can see it in his eyes. Thus, I like him. This is one reason why I’m voting for Bush - aside from God telling me to that is. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but disturbing thought process none the less.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:25 AM

Wacki,

Mostly a joke stemming from another thread. Silly stuff really, best to ignore it.

-Zeno
Old 09-13-2004, 07:24 AM