Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 02:43 AM

Default Daniel v Huck

I've read the post below and would just like to you a story about Daniel that happened last week at the bellagio. To my knowledge I had never met Daniel before, we played in the same club in toronto maybe 10 years ago. He played 10-20 I think and I played 25-50. I knew of him then but didn't KNOW him. At the time I was still drinking and snorting a lot so even if I had met him I wouldn't have made a good impression. lol. Last week we were both washing up in the washroom at the bellagio and I asked him about someone from toronto. Not only did he take the time to talk for a few minutes he remembered me. There was none of that ego crap. I'm a nobody mid limit player, might never move up. If you read some of his recent cardplayer stuff it's plain to see he's got his ego under control. He's a class act. I've seen 100's of players who play better than me that are busted because of ego. I don't know Huck at all but a player as gifted as him MUST be doing something wrong if he's busted. He may want to take a lesson fron Daniel.
Old 08-03-2002, 10:05 AM

Default I sent Daniel an email...

I was curious to know why Daniel lived in Vegas rather than LA. And I was also curious to learn why he didn't post more often to 2+2, though I didn't ask that directly.

His reponse was surprisingly quick and candid. I was now wondering exactly how good this guy could be, so I proposed that I was his paranoid girlfriend keeping track of him using a fake name.

He just laughed, and said I could never be his girlfriend, she doesn't construct her sentences the way I do. He never asked who the hell I am, or stopped responding.

Anyway, if I ever do come up against this guy in a card game, I can't imagine how I'm going to beat him. I might actually have to play the cards correctly.

eLROY
Old 08-03-2002, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Daniel v Huck

Big difference between the two--nice post.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:12 PM

Default Hey \"Jennifer\" ???

You said: " Last week we were both washing up in the washroom at the bellagio". Uhhhh..... were you in the men's room or was Daniel in the ladies room or are you a drag queen or what? Jennifer? How could you be in the same washroom?

Do tell, please? Babe.

P.S. That aside, Daniel is indeed a friendly chap.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Hey \"Jennifer\" ???

"She" must be a he.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:26 PM

pokerBabe- You must be a good player if you observe these things. Good read.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:53 PM

I'll intro myself next trip. LOL.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:10 PM

Ok Jennifer- and I guess we can meet in the "washroom", eh? I will be the one wearing the pink panties. [img]/images/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/biggrin.gif[/img] Babe
Old 08-04-2002, 10:35 PM

Default drag queens [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] *NM*

Old 08-05-2002, 03:59 AM

Default how come he gets to see the babe in her undies? *NM*