Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 02:06 PM

Default advice on multitabing

looking for advice on going from one game at a time to multiple games. i've established myself as a winning player over the 50/100 levels over about 700 tournaments, but these are playing one table at a time.

i've made two short forays into playing 2 tables at once, both with bad results. granted, these were short trial periods but it scared me off to the point that i've been playing only one table at a time.

that was fine since i was still making a pretty good hourly, but now that i've taken a job, my hours have been cut back severely and i need to earn more and two tabling makes the most sense.

any general advice would be helpful, because i just seem to lose so much on reads. also, i have a twenty inch monitor what do i have to do so that there is no overlap of screens. is it just change the resolution?

thx.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: advice on multitabing

Trying 2 tables at a time is probably your best bet to get into the swing of it. Some people suggest staggering them, but I perfer not.

No overlap helps, so set it at the highest res you can. You just have to trust yourself and play. Look over your play afterwards and ask yourself. "Did I screw up because I was multitabling or was this bad luck?"

Confidence is key in SnGs