Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2004, 03:44 AM

Default Another wild one

SB here is very loose, both pre and post. He'll make a tricky/aggressive move every now and again but on the whole he's pretty passive and just wants to get to a showdown. No other reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
Old 09-10-2004, 02:17 PM

Default bump

nm
Old 09-10-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Another wild one

Did you have a read on SB's preflop raising standards in the blind and CO's limp/cap? Anyway, monotone flop, none of your tone, the world coming along, overcard, board pairing, CO popping the turn and SB coldcalling it, if you're behind it's a two outer drawing dead to KK without odds... I think you made an excellent fold. I'm almost ready to check the turn based on limp/cap read, and the combination of probability being behind and dodging all the single hearts.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:48 PM

As much as I hate to fold a pot that size with a pair that big it looks like the correct thing to do. Too many ways to be beat and about to be beat.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:50 PM

UTG limps in with Axs, and folds his A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] at the River.

SB looks like AKo, possibly KQo or a PP. Given his passivity the PP could be anything from black Aces to TT (but not KK).

CO limp re-raise. I have yet to play $5/10 but am reliably informed this is almost always AA or KK, so this flop is pretty much no good for you. What combined raising hands between CO and SB can you beat here? The K overcard is very live, the flush or draw makes a shipwreck of your hand at any time.

I feel a lot better about the flop with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but otherwise I really do not like this at all. You have 1 clean out to improve, and are easily beaten by any [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and may be behind to AA or a K. Looks a good time to check/fold the flop.

The pot is huge already, but it all points to you losing more chips. Why did you bet?
Old 09-10-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Results

SB had red jacks, CO had Ah3s... and his hand is good.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Results

So a limp re-raise at $5/10 can now include QQ and A3o among its possible hands... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]