Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Just opened an account at Ultimate Bet

Yesterday I took the $30 I won in a small home game and opened an account with Ultimate Bet. I played the $.01/.02 limits for about four hours and I am now up a dollar.

According to the 300xBB rule this is the highest I can go for now.. The next step up is .25/.50

I guess .05/.10 would be ideal, but they don't offer that.. I suppose I should have checked around to see if any other sites did.. Are there any that you know of?

I'm reletively new to the game, I don't suppose any of you would reccomend bending this bankroll rule? I will need $150 to play at these limits by this rule, and I think it will take quite a long time to build it up to that from the .01/.02 limits.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated..
Old 09-09-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: Just opened an account at Ultimate Bet

Also,It seems that poker tracker doesn't work for Ultimate Bet. Is there another similar program that serves the same purpose?
Old 09-09-2004, 07:40 PM

Hi Francis,

A few things. First, I was in your shoes just 4 months ago. Climbing up from such low limits seems daunting, but it is doable. I started with $30 of my own money, plus $10 free from Royal Vegas, Seven Sultans, and Absolute, and have worked it up to a few hundred with some help from deposit bonuses the various sites offer, despite completely losing the Seven Sultans money with some stupid play. You can do it.

Paradise Poker offers .05/.10. Check them out.

Rhone.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 PM

I would recomend Paradise Poker for micro limit games. They offer .02/.04, .05/.10, .10/.20, .25/.50, .50/1, and so on. They also offer $2 and $10 no limit games which I love to mess around in. Overall their software is great and they are a very proffesional company.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:13 PM

I second Paradise for microlimit games. There's plenty of people, games are soft (read: massive LAG for the most part), good bonuses (in terms of time to clear), and decent / good software.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also,It seems that poker tracker doesn't work for Ultimate Bet. Is there another similar program that serves the same purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Francis, Poker Tracker works fine with UB. You merely need to save the Hand Histories at the table (button on the right) and import them in PT using "Select File(s) To Import".
Old 09-09-2004, 08:20 PM

thanks guys!

I really wish I had checked around before opening with UB.. I really like their software though.. I wonder if its possible to cash out with UB and have it sent back to my firepay account.. but then again I don't know if Paradise Poker accepts Firepay.. It cost me 3.99 just to put the money in my firepay account, becuase none of the other methods would work for me..

No need to answer all this, just thinking out loud I guess.. I will look into it for sure..
Old 09-09-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Planet poker spreads .05/.10.. where I cut my teeth

gl
Old 09-09-2004, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Francis, Poker Tracker works fine with UB. You merely need to save the Hand Histories at the table (button on the right) and import them in PT using "Select File(s) To Import".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I should have worded that differently.. I haven't downloaded Poker Tracker, I just went to the website, they had a list of compatible software, and it didn't list UB..

Thanks for the info
Old 09-09-2004, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really wish I had checked around before opening with UB.. I really like their software though.. I wonder if its possible to cash out with UB and have it sent back to my firepay account.. but then again I don't know if Paradise Poker accepts Firepay.. It cost me 3.99 just to put the money in my firepay account, becuase none of the other methods would work for me..

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're looking to have it transferred from UB to another site and want to avoid the hit from Firepay I would be willing to help you out. As long as the other site allows small interaccount transfers (like UB does) you shouldn't have too much of a problem. You could just transfer the UB money to me, and I transfer the X site money to you.
Let me know if you're interested. I guess I'm trustworthy. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]