Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 06:25 PM

Default AKs, baby

i just finished my greatest 10-20 6max session yet, although it was short. i'll be posting some troublesome hands though

UTG seems solid, MP is very loose

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

3bet standard here i think

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

anyone bet here? check-call? check and see?

Turn: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

check-call or check-fold?

River: (10.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

anyone bet here?

thanks
Old 09-09-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: AKs, baby

I would check-fold turn. The previos actions seems ok. Flop bet seems borderline to me.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:15 PM

Two people call 3 bets cold? WTF? ok...it's kind of hard to play this hand without a read, but it's interesting that you don't bet the one time that your actually hit your hand. Nobody's folding on this flop, but I'd probably bet until I got raised...not sure that's the best method, though.

interesting hand.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:00 AM

Default My thoughts

flop:
ew bad flop, but the pot is huge, i'll be calling at least 1 bet back to me with my backdoor draw + overcards, and it's huge equity for me if i can get anyone to fold now

like peter said, definitely borderline at best, checking to see the action behind me is def an option

turn:
another bad card, time to check and see. i have to admit i called because everyone else folded, but the move definitely is folding (again thank you Peter). CO bet into 3 opponents on a scary board, i probably have very few outs if not drawing dead

river:
i shouldn't even be in the hand. but of course given that i was, i had to bet/fold to a raise, especially with the flush hitting CO might not even raise me with the straight.

i checked, and he checked behind and won with K9o
so i hit my 3 outer on the river and didn't even bet for value, ugh. that's why the turn is a fold, even in the BEST case i'm still drawing too thin

basically i played this hand like a chump
Old 09-10-2004, 08:47 AM

Like it but I'd bet the river.

The turn check-call is good (in a pot that size, now HU) given your six probable outs combined with the chance your AKs will win unimproved. The A will likely shut him down unless he has a hand that can beat you, so you're only adding EV with a bet.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:12 AM

FWIW,

I bet the flop everytime. turn is a check call, as you dont have to be too worried about the straight since they most likely didnt call 3 cold with a 7.

River: Bet.

Calling 3 cold with K9o in the 10/20, maybe I should be moving up soon [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2004, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling 3 cold with K9o in the 10/20, maybe I should be moving up soon [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this guy was bad, real bad, although i had no read on him before this hand. calling 3 cold with junk doesn't happen too often though.

most bad players will fall into 2 general categories: (1) overplay their hands and, of course, (2) pay off too much with any pair. but a lot less of this coldcalling raises then passively calling down that is rampant at 5-10