Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Flopped 2 Pair with Three-straight and Two-Flush on board

HelP!

I thought I was playing this smart. You know.. waiting to see what the board brought on the turn.. But maybe I played it completely backwards.

Also, bet or CR the river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (7.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.70 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>
Old 09-08-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Flopped 2 Pair with Three-straight and Two-Flush on board

you sould definitely bet out or c/r on the flop and the same on the turn. you are betting for value because your pot equity here is huge, and people will also put you on a draw vs a made hand a lot of the time.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Flopped 2 Pair with Three-straight and Two-Flush on board

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I was playing this smart. You know.. waiting to see what the board brought on the turn.. But maybe I played it completely backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is completely backwards. There are too many scary turn cards that would prevent you from raising on the turn even if your hand is still good. You need to check-raise the flop and cap it if given the opportunity.