Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 10:55 PM

Default tough call....

I've bet into a lot of flops against this villian and he's folded a good number of times. Aside from this, he seems like a decent player except that he doesn't bet/bluff enough for 4-handed.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ... (what's my move?)
Old 09-06-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: tough call....

I'd raise the turn here. There's a chance might lay down his hand if he's playing as weak as you say, and it'll help you know where you are. If he reraises I fold here. If he calls, I check-call the river unless a T or a K hits, in which case I'd either bet or checkraise. (I'd appreciate comments on this response)
Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 AM

There's no way he's laying down a better hand here. It's quite possible he's made a delayed bet with JT or something like that, but KK or AA is also rather consistent with his play. Semi-bluff seems unlikely given the description. I'd just call and check-call the river, CRing if a K comes and betting out if a T comes.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:38 AM

Like Zele, I call the turn, then check-call the river. Your read on the opponent and his turn raise put me in doubt. When in doubt, call down HU with top pair in this situation.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:41 PM

Why not spend those to BB's calling this bet and the river bet and get a showdown, instead of raising. You know he's going to bet the river. You know it.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:57 PM

Default results

Thanks for the responses. After much deliberation, I folded this hand but didn't like my decision.

Marlow [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]