Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 01:03 AM

Default case against Kobe Bryant dismissed

what's the dilly yo?
Old 09-02-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Re: case against Kobe Bryant dismissed

I think she's dropping it to file a civil suit.

That's what you get for goldbrickin in the Yukon.

NT
Old 09-02-2004, 01:17 AM

I knew it would be dismissed.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:52 AM

Apparently A) the woman had no idea that since there were only two of them in the room, she might have to testify against him; B) the crack prosecution team didn't make her sufficiently aware of this; and C) while Kobe feels the sex was consensual, he understands how the woman could think it was not.

WTF?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:10 AM

$$$
Old 09-02-2004, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
C) while Kobe feels the sex was consensual, he understands how the woman could think it was not.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you want to sign a ridiculous statement or risk going to jail? I'm giving my autograph in a heartbeat.

~D
Old 09-02-2004, 05:47 AM

very good post michael
Old 09-02-2004, 08:05 AM

WTF was with Kobe's statement? Was he admitting to rape? Sounds like it to me. Think about what he said. Double WTF?

Was there some sort of agreement in place?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:09 AM

The short version: Kobe is now an admitted rapist who is being allowed to take a free pass. He'll end up paying off the victim in order to avoid even more negative publicity from a civil trial. He'll eventually serve his real sentence in hell.

The longer version: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1872740

[ QUOTE ]
"Kobe was facing life in prison for a crime he did not commit," they [Kobe's slime dog lawyers] told Gray. "The accuser insisted on that statement as the price for his freedom. The statement doesn't change the facts: Kobe is innocent and now he is free."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is disgustingly arrogant at a minimum and appears to violate the basic terms of the sweetheart deal that was given to yet another criminal who walks because of his celebrity status. This is the oral equivalent of crossing one's fingers behind one's back when making a promise or swearing to something. I hope she takes him for as much as possible in her civil suit. I would find it more satisfying, though, if she were able to have his !$^%%$ smug attitude forever wiped away. What a worthless P.O.S.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The short version: Kobe is now an admitted rapist who is being allowed to take a free pass. He'll end up paying off the victim in order to avoid even more negative publicity from a civil trial. He'll eventually serve his real sentence in hell.

The longer version: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1872740

[ QUOTE ]
"Kobe was facing life in prison for a crime he did not commit," they [Kobe's slime dog lawyers] told Gray. "The accuser insisted on that statement as the price for his freedom. The statement doesn't change the facts: Kobe is innocent and now he is free."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is disgustingly arrogant at a minimum and appears to violate the basic terms of the sweetheart deal that was given to yet another criminal who walks because of his celebrity status. This is the oral equivalent of crossing one's fingers behind one's back when making a promise or swearing to something. I hope she takes him for as much as possible in her civil suit. I would find it more satisfying, though, if she were able to have his !$^%%$ smug attitude forever wiped away. What a worthless P.O.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it another case of a celebrity walking free cause of his status? Please explain. Is it unfair that he had enough money to defend himself when others don't. Was it unfair that he had as many resources as the prosecution when most defendants have none?

This court case would have been one person's word against another's. In order to prosecute someone, you need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. When two people get in a fight, they both usually say the other one started it, and no one ever really knows what happens. Now, throw in the fact that the primary witness has an incredibly sketchy past at only 19 years old, and guess what, its gonna be a hard case to prosecute.