Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 01:05 AM

Default Should you EVER bluff on party?

Even semi-bluffing. They will never fold. There is no fold equity. And as far as disgusing your hand. It doesn't matter. You don't need to. So should you EVER bluff at the lower limits?
Old 08-31-2004, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Should you EVER bluff on party?

Define bluff.

If you never bet your over cards HU or bet your good draws then you are missing out, and playing too weak.

However all out bluff attempts are bad at lower level SnGs. the lower you go the more slowplaying people do, and they just dont know when to fold.

Bluffing is something bad poker players love to do all the time. There is a place for it, but it normaly comes with outs(therefor a semibluff)

Your not going to get someone to lay down TPGK just because there is a str8 or flush draw on the board. For the most part play your cards, dont get fancy.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:14 AM

three left or heads up , that is the only time I have found a good amount of success at it.

Its hard enough to get them to fold the second best hand, or any draw. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Define bluff.

If you never bet your over cards HU or bet your good draws then you are missing out, and playing too weak.

However all out bluff attempts are bad at lower level SnGs. the lower you go the more slowplaying people do, and they just dont know when to fold.

Bluffing is something bad poker players love to do all the time. There is a place for it, but it normaly comes with outs(therefor a semibluff)

Your not going to get someone to lay down TPGK just because there is a str8 or flush draw on the board. For the most part play your cards, dont get fancy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I bet overcards or draws? It's still not clear to me how I'm missing out.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Define bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I bet overcards or draws? It's still not clear to me how I'm missing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it may be the best hand, especially HU.

eastbay
Old 08-31-2004, 01:33 AM

Try this...

When action comes to you think about a few key things.

What are your cards
What is the board
Who has the lead (who bet last)
How many people are in the hand
Think to yourself.. Do I have the best hand? Do I have a draw if I get called? Will my oponent call?

What it boils down to is "can I take this pot down now, and if I dont, do I have a chance to make a hand for showdown"

To say they never fold is wrong, people fold all the time even at the 5+1 level. Most of this just comes with time. There are times where I still screw up and/or disagree with what other players say. There are a lot of factors that go into when is a good time to bluff/semibluff.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:36 AM

Bluffing is perfectly acceptable on Party low limits when you don't think anyone has anything.

eg. you are in the BB with two cards. two players limp and the SB folds. flop is 755r. you bet 3/4pot and they fold.

you just bluffed out some stupid loose party players.

-SmileyEH
Old 08-31-2004, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluffing is perfectly acceptable on Party low limits when you don't think anyone has anything.

eg. you are in the BB with two cards. two players limp and the SB folds. flop is 755r. you bet 3/4pot and they fold.

you just bluffed out some stupid loose party players.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they call with A high all the way down and you dumped chips to idiots.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Or they call with A high all the way down and you dumped chips to idiots

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont bet all the way down. You should bluff with position. If you get called on the flop and the turn doesnt help you, you check it. If the river doesnt help you check that too. If they keep calling its your fault as much as it is theirs.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or they call with A high all the way down and you dumped chips to idiots

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont bet all the way down. You should bluff with position. If you get called on the flop and the turn doesnt help you, you check it. If the river doesnt help you check that too. If they keep calling its your fault as much as it is theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you should bluff the flop, they call with nothing, and then give up?