Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 06:44 PM

Default my Ali-like return to the ring

well, i think i'm gonna stop by Harrah's east tonight for some 4-8 holdem. i haven't played since february (though i *could* have, i couldn't afford to lose if i did.) the itch is gettin to me now that i have some $$ and a job. perhaps i'll see a few of you there? i'm the big guy with the guns n roses tshirt, cut-off shorts and bushy beard/goatee/forest-on-my-chin. say hi.

ps - i've never met desire, but apparently she plays in the chicagoland? i've met mike d, and suburbanpokerman, and i think KevinJ. anyways, introduce yourself if you see me.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:06 PM

Default Re: my Ali-like return to the ring

Best of luck to you Baggins. Let us know how it turned out.

Billy (LTL)
Old 07-20-2002, 07:23 AM

Baggins your not looking to hook up on here again are you?

Glad to hear your getting back in the ring again.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:38 AM

jesus.

i never was looking to hook up on here, and im not now. thanks for the encouragement.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:48 AM

Default results

bah!!

my discipline has slipped!! played for 6 hours friday night, and ended up losing 30 bucks. unfortunately, it was because i tried too many bluffs that obviously wouldn't succeed, pushed marginal hands too far, played to many ??? hands preflop, and called too much for my own good. i probably would have stayed longer, but i had 2 lovely ladies waiting for me back in chicago. i definitely made some mistakes that i wouldn't have a couple months ago when i was playing regularly, but it happens, and i recognize that.

went back again tonight, and lost another $160. which sucks. but i feel like i played a LOT more solidly tonight. the cards were not getting there for me. i never hit any draws, (not that i flopped too many, mind you) nor did i make any really big hands. my preflop play was much better this time, though i did play a couple of trouble hands. but i released them quickly when they didn't hit solid. i also made several good laydowns of top pair or better to a read of trips or better (i was right every time re trips or better). i paid more attention to position, and wasn't afraid to fold the second i knew my cards couldn't win. i also played pretty tightly. went 4 rounds without seeing a non-BigBlind flop.

i also had my turned flush run into a river boat. which also sucks.

i was also a lot more aware of the pots that could be bought, and was able to actually do that, too great effect.

i also got crap to start with. i folded for 5 round straight. kinda sucked.