Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 09:51 AM

Default JJ UTG 50 +5 Stars 2 table

Haven't really been playing the sitngos that much lately more live ring but recently I've delved back in to the woods.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and I played this hand.

I'm utg with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with a approx 2k chips. Blinds are 25/50. I raise to 150, mp calls (1200 chips), button calls (1300 chips), all else fold

flop comes J 2 4r

I check, mp bets 150, button calls, I call

turn 2

I check, mp bets 150, button raises another 150, I push all in, both fold.

I'm not a big slo player but I liked that flop a lot and was hoping that someone had something. The button was a good player and MP was a lil fishy so his call preflop didn't mean anything to me but the button could have had a pair like 9's and up. I actually thought he had something like q's, but in retrospect it was probably something like 9's or 10's with him putting me on AK, AQ somthing like that. I thought about this hand a bit and was thinking that a better play may have been to just call the turn and come out of nowhere with a bet on the river with a bet small enough that someone with a hand had to call because of the size of the pot. My thinking behind c/r push on the turn was that the button had enough of his chips comitted that he would call.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: JJ UTG 50 +5 Stars 2 table

Seems to me your hand was bullet-proof on the turn and you could have flat-called. With that small re-raise by the button and you flat-calling, the mp probably would have come along, so there is an extra 150 right there, then you could check-raise the river.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:23 AM

I didn't like a C/R on the river there because of the threat that the button would just check it down.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:35 AM

True about the cr on the river, but I still think flat-calling the turn might have prompted the fishy MP player to come along for the extra 150 and the river might have brought a card to help your opponents. If one of them was holding AK and an Ace or King fell on the river, you would be sure to get a lot of money. With the flop as it was, only AA, KK, or QQ would probably call that all-in on the turn.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:41 AM

I actually think that's how I should have played it too. Make a bet on the river that one or both would have to call based on the pot....

Thanks