Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2004, 07:02 PM

Default AKo 3-bet on flop, trying to clean up my outs

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: AliasMrJones is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">AliasMrJones raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, AliasMrJones calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
AliasMrJones checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">AliasMrJones raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
AliasMrJones checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, AliasMrJones folds, MP2 calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $1.5 (All-In)</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.66 BB, between MP2 and CO.</font>

This was a Big Pot(tm) so tried to raise to clean up my outs if my A or K hit. The 4-straight on turn and subsequent action made me think I was beat so I folded at that point.

Comments? Raise good/bad? Fold good/bad? Ideas about what they had?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:06 PM

Default Re: AKo 3-bet on flop, trying to clean up my outs

I cap pf, cause I've become a poker robot on my pf decisions. Not a terrible flop for you. I guess since you only called a 3-bet pf, check-raising the flop seems reasonable. I too would fold on the turn, although did you notice that CO was down to the felt?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:49 PM

I actually didn't notice that until the river, but to be honest he didn't worry me as much as MP2.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:42 AM

Not much discussion...MP2 had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and caught the straight. CO had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and was apparently wanting to go out in a blaze of glory.