Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Flush draw + pair on flop misses; river decision

Comments on each street appreciated. Raise the flop?

First hand; no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: bdk3clash is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, bdk3clash checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, bdk3clash calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, bdk3clash calls, UTG+2 folds, Button folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, bdk3clash...
Old 08-19-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Flush draw + pair on flop misses; river decision

a flop raise sounds alright. The river's tough with no read. I think I would call.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:42 PM

Default Results (Re: Flush draw + pair on flop misses; river decision)

I called. SB had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and MHIG.

I guess this one makes up for the other 7.5 times I'll call and lose.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:22 AM

I would have raised on the flop...River bet is tough with no read...if you can put him on a missed draw, bet (obviously). I think the raise on the flop would have given you at least a little more info as to what you should do on the flop.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:37 AM

I think your river call is good, before i even saw your results I was thinking to myself that sb was on a draw. I say that because if he had a queen, i mean a great queen(AQ, KQ)wouldnt he raise pre-flop? or even a mediocre Queen (QJ QT) wouldnt he go for a c/r? But then again everyone plays diffrent. Great call on your part.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:21 AM

I dunno about the river call. The only other draw on the flop is another [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw, which is less likely because I've got two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s. I guess this one is close, and although it worked out I'm not convinced it was right to call the river.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:11 AM

I woudlnt raise the flop, the pot is small enough where I think its more productive to let people stay in behind you. And you really arent protecting anything in your hand so whats the point?

I would call the river and expect to lose, but stranger things have happened.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:19 AM

I dunno about the river call. The only other draw on the flop is another draw, which is less likely because I've got two s. I guess this one is close, and although it worked out I'm not convinced it was right to call the river.

I think you made the right decision here, I HATE making calls like this but they seem to come thru often enough.