Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2004, 11:07 PM

Default Ulta Multi tabling.(8tables)

I am highly considering adapting myself to more then 4 tables. I can only think of one other person that plays 8 at a time, and perhaps I am not good enough. Daliman where have you gone?

Is there anyone else that plays 6-8 SnGs at one time? I expect my RoI to drop a little, but honestly not much. SnGs for me are ABC poker, and I miss some tells, but adding a few more tables shouldnt hurt that much because I already play 4 at once.

For starters, I will be getting another monitor that is 1600x1200 compatible. Overlap messes me up. I can set up the second monitor as an extended desktop, and have at it furiously.

For me SnGs are all about $$/hour because I play for a living. Am I setting myself up for disaster? Thoughts, comments, flames, and advice?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Ulta Multi tabling.(8tables)

ZeeJustin does. You can find a screenshot of his poker desktop here. It's pretty amazing/sick if you ask me.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:18 PM

I think with multiple monitors you should be fine. I wouldnt make the jump from 4 right to 8, maybe try 6 first. I am considering making the same jump as well. I just you need to get a new monitor to run things on, as I play mostly on a laptop now.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:22 PM

P.S. How you been doing lately Stupid? Since moving to the $20's my ROI is around 26% through 300 tournies. Most likely moving to the $30's next month, not exactly sure whether I will next month or the month after. Hoping to be up to the $50's by the end of the calendar year.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:31 PM

Impressive ZeeJustin.

He even has Aim, and IRC going at the same time, with 3 different poker sites running .. lol

My plan was to get a second monitor, start with 6tabling and work into 8 after that. I have stars in my eyes because I am thinking if I can master 8 tables then... whats 2-4 more after that. I do better when I have so much going on.

I have a system where I put my later stage tourneys to the left and my lower stage tourneys on the right. This way I can with a short glance pay more attention to where it needs it. The tables on the right are mostly fold fold fold fold, the ones on the left are push or fold.(mostly)

My goal is to improve my $$/hour so I can maybe start getting in 45-60 tourneys a day. Sure my roi will drop, but I dont expect it to drop below 25% at the 30+3 level. Correct me if I am wrong but a 10% drop in roi is well worth the 100% upage in tourneys played /hour(Yes upage is a word in my world).
Old 08-18-2004, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. How you been doing lately Stupid? Since moving to the $20's my ROI is around 26% through 300 tournies. Most likely moving to the $30's next month, not exactly sure whether I will next month or the month after. Hoping to be up to the $50's by the end of the calendar year

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing great, I will post an update soon. I have been slacking in my "SnG Marathon" postings.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:40 PM

the more I read here, the more I relize I really am a novice. I do understand RoI as a math equation, but you say you have an roi of 26%, I am wondering what that means in terms of net profit. I mean how many game do you play in a week and what is your average net per hour and or week? Additionally, I wonder if moving up to a $30 or $50 level means better players and thus more difficulty playing a systematic stlye and thus more difficulty in muli-tabling? Truly, this last part is a question and not a critique of you last post.

Ryan
Old 08-18-2004, 11:53 PM

RoI is net profit/investment.

Everyone is different on how many games they play, and thats hardly a relevant issue at all.

Personally my RoI is about 30% at the 30+3 level. I average about 150 tourneys a week, and I always play 4 at a time. This comes out to about 5 tournies/hour and that means I am making $50/hour.

As you move up each level the skill levels of others does increase and it makes it harder for multi or for single table players. RoI goes down but $$ goes up.(If you arent outclassed at the new level) I think SnGs are perfect for multi tables, because reads are not as important. You need to play ABC poker, and you cant get cute. I understand what you mean about moving up and it being harder to multi, and you are right, but a systematic approach seems to work just fine for some players out there, I cant claim victory because I have only gotten as far as the 50s where I failed, and had to drop down to the 30s again.

To each his own, you will have to find your own weaknesses and strengths. Some people simply dont have what it takes to multi table. Either they dont like it or they lack the concentration.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:56 PM

C'mon man, you should be good enough at the math at this point to do this one yourself. With a 35% ROI at 30+3, you make 11.55/tourney, so 4 at a time your hourly rate is about $46. With a 25% ROI, 8 at a time you make 8.25/tourney for a total of $66/hour.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:01 AM

yes, the math, i can figur out. but an hourly rate really doesn't say much if you only play one hour a day. I guess my question really was trying to get at how much mental engery that must take and how sustainable that much multi-tabling is over the course of many hours. I know I didn't ask this well, but my mind is racing just from reading all these cool threads.