Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Question for Vegas Poker Players.....

Ok, I don't exactly know how well all the vegas pros know eachother, my guess is not well, but i figure i'll throw this out there hoping for at least some minimal information.

has anyone ever heard of, or seen this guy play:

Judas Villanueva

The reason i'm asking is that he went to my high school, and I guess i'm like one of the people who everyone knows that I play poker, and so i've heard from quite a few people that he has made a bunch of money playing poker in vegas (note: I don't think $26,000 is a lot of money when you are entering $2k buy in tourneys, so hey not me), and he flies back to San Diego every weekend to hang out with his friends or whatever.

I find this all hilarious because my guess is he will go bust before I know it, and he doesn't seem like the type of guy who will handle all the money well, he is the guy who crashed every party every weekend and then fought with at least 3 people every time he got drunk (think responsibility), and that either he will be moving back to san diego rather quickly, or you'll see him playing penny poker with ellix powers.

so yeah, i guess my questions are these: anyone seen him play, heard of him, know what limits or whatever games he play, or anything else would be cool because I am curious, and I can't really get any answers from people who just want to hear how much money he has made.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Question for Vegas Poker Players.....

I played with Judas when I was in Vegas right after the Fiesta al Lago. He plays in the small 2/4 nl game at the Belliago, lots of 10/20 and says he plays the big NL at the Belliago when people aren't stacked too high. He turned 21 the night I saw him and was drunk, but his demeanor is very quiet. Mike Sica (won a braclet this year) seems to think a lot of him cause they had a lot to talk about when we were playing in the NL game. He seems to play well, but the Fiesta (he did make 3 final table which is solid) may have gone to his head a bit. He was nice enough to me and I'm a nobody as far as they are concerned.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Question for Vegas Poker Players.....

thanks for the info g!