Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2004, 08:13 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Journalist Objectivity?

Recent Poll of Journalists

Press poll
The New York Times' John Tierney says that at a press party at the Democratic National Convention, he persuaded 153 journalists — about a third of them based in Washington — to anonymously give their opinion as to who would make the best president, George W. Bush or John F. Kerry.
The journalists from outside the Beltway "picked Mr. Kerry 3 to 1, and the ones from Washington favored him 12 to 1," Mr. Tierney said in his Political Points column yesterday.
The columnist made much of the fact that a majority of the journalists — 77 to 67 — also said that, from a strictly journalistic point of view, they would prefer to cover a Bush administration. But even then the Washington contingent favored Mr. Kerry, 27 to 21.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Journalist Objectivity?

Your point being?

That an intelligent well informed demographic think your crap maybe. It's just a shame it's not the journalists who decide what's reported.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The journalists from outside the Beltway "picked Mr. Kerry 3 to 1, and the ones from Washington favored him 12 to 1,"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, are you kidding? You don't see the obvious LEFT-LEANING skew there!? Come on! 12:1 LIBERAL:CONSERVATIVE reporters in Washington DC!!!! That's the point. And this was in the Times! Now someone tell em that they don't trust that article...

Ten
Old 08-08-2004, 08:07 PM

Let's see given a choice between a reasonable intelligent Senator and a ignorant monkey that has failed in every venture he ever attempted -- and a highly educated group of professionals goes with the <insert drum roll here> Kerry?

What a shocker!
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2004, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that has failed in every venture he ever attempted

[/ QUOTE ]

Failures like, uhh, being elected Governor of the State of Texas, and being elected President of the United States? Failures huh?

Ten
Old 08-08-2004, 08:13 PM

No, I was talking about his Business Ventures (all ending in bankruptcy, being bailed out by Saudi's, or having taxpayers foot the bills). Of course, I think the people of Texas are currently paying for most of the messes he made in there. Taxpayers haven't really begun paying for the mess he made of the US. The Big Business machine that bought him the Governor and Presidency could have elected a monkey dressed up in a cowboy suit. Wait a minute, they did!
Old 08-08-2004, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I was talking about his Business Ventures (all ending in bankruptcy, being bailed out by Saudi's, or having taxpayers foot the bills). Of course, I think the people of Texas are currently paying for most of the messes he made in there. Taxpayers haven't really begun paying for the mess he made of the US. The Big Business machine that bought him the Governor and Presidency could have elected a monkey dressed up in a cowboy suit. Wait a minute, they did!

[/ QUOTE ]

More typical cheap, juvenile, liberal drivel.

And you still have not addressed the topic, but instead went straight to the highly admirable "monkey in a cowboy suit" comments. Nevermind that the topic is FURTHER PROOF of the liberal bias in the media.

Ten
Old 08-08-2004, 08:41 PM

Yeah, his Harken stock manipulation, or getting the taxpayers to make him rich on his baseball stadium deal, or his Saudi Oil Drilling Deal, that was all Liberal Drivel all right.

Liberal Drivel? BUZZZZZZZ....... Rush Limbaugh Drug Junkie buzz word detected ..... BUZZZZZ..... All facts will be ignored. Drivel, irrelevant, demands for proof of obvious. Danger!
Old 08-08-2004, 11:39 PM

I see more bollocks from the right wing about a left wing bias. There's none so blind...
Old 08-09-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Which part do you not understand ?

Cardcounter wrote

"I was talking about his Business Ventures (all ending in bankruptcy, being bailed out by Saudi's, or having taxpayers foot the bills). Of course, I think the people of Texas are currently paying for most of the messes he made in there. Taxpayers haven't really begun paying for the mess he made of the US. The Big Business machine that bought him the Governor and Presidency could have elected a monkey dressed up in a cowboy suit. Wait a minute, they did!"

If, perchance, you are curious, dear Tenpercent, to see some more data on the above claims about the business (ad)ventures of George W Bush, kindly let me know and I will only be too glad to provide you with same. Unless you do accept that Bush has been an utter failure in business but you wanna insist that he's been a terrific success as a President. I'm OK with that claim, I guess, because in a few months we shall know what his "customers" think about it.

But IMHO, you'd be well advised to pretend you did not read this post.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]