Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2004, 03:10 AM

Default Switching from NL to limit

I recently made the switch from NL to limit for various reasons. I'm having just one problem. I'm constantly fearing that I'm beat. I'll bet, be raised, and then I'll suddenly go into check call mode thinking he has a better hand. Then I'll end up clearly winning, and kick myself for not 3-betting/capping etc. Now, is there anyway to force myself to stop picturing monsters under the bed, or will this just go away naturally as I realize, "hey these low limit players are REALLY bad?"
Old 08-07-2004, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Switching from NL to limit

bets, raises, calls and checks mean different things in limit than in no-limit. You have to learn the new grammar. I suggest you start at the micros until you're comfortable. In the meantime, post some hands, and the experienced limit players will share what they think your opponents' actions indicate.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Switching from NL to limit

I made a post about this transition a few days ago. Well, it is just two different games. What was the reason for stopping with NL?

(in my case I didnīt made any transition, was just asking if someone used to play both at same time.)