Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 01:43 AM

Default Pokertracker question

At what point do you guys close your pokertracker database and open a new one? I curently have a little over 18,000 players in my database. Thanks for any help!
Old 08-05-2004, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker question

i was kind of wondering this myself--- i don't remember how many players were in my database, but i know that the file was over 250Mb and getting sort of unwieldy...

which brings me to the point of my reply:

BACK UP YOUR POKERTRACKER DATABASE!.. burn it to a CD.. burn your party poker notes on the same one... my computer recently crashed, and although i lost a lot of stuff, by far the most valuable was my PT database and PP notes.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker question

The max size of your database can be 1GB (an Access limitation with the version being used) which usually means you can get over 200,000 hands loaded. Obviously with this many hands it may get sluggish when you try to view all the stats at one time which is why it is a good idea to make use of the "When this window first opens" feature on the Preferences tab so it's only trying to retrieve stats for the current day. Then you can change the filters after the window opens if you want more detail.