Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 01:15 AM

Default My new game of choice

I've been playing poker online for maybe 8 months now and have never been very consistent. I always thought of myself as a pretty good player, but I was never disciplined enough to be a steady winner. I was always very apt to go on tilt after a bad beat, and would gamble a bit too much. But recently I decided to buckle down after trolling the boards a lot and refining my game. I've been grinding it out for the past couple weeks in the .5/1 hold em games on party. It has honestly been amazing. I've been steadily increasing my bankroll daily. I play multiple games at a time, which helps me stay focused and not loosen up too much if I'm getting bored because of a run of bad starting hands at one table. And the small stakes of each hand helps me avoid getting too out of sorts after a bad beat. All in all I think I've really become a much more focused and disciplined player, and my limit game has gotten a lot better.

I know this post seems shamelessly self congradulatory, but trolling around on these boards has been instrumental in helping my game. This really is a great resource for players, and it's turned my game around.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: My new game of choice

Agreed, I was in a simlisr situation, wasting alot of money on tournies and playing ring games for only a half hour at a time while I waited for the next tournie. The last month and a half I have buckled down and play .5/1 exclusively and I am up $200. Becoming "serious" has really increased my enjoyment of and appreciation for the game.