Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2004, 02:49 AM

Default What the fuh? I\'m too sexy for these cards....

Pretty good action at this table. I just got on it about 30 hands earlier and have been doing pretty well. This one was interesting:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: juanez is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">juanez raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">juanez bets</font>, CO folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">juanez bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, juanez calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, returned to juanez.</font>

Was my play terrible here? I think UTG+1's was worse [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 02:54 AM

Default Re: What the fuh? I\'m too sexy for these cards....

He obviously put you on a flush draw and made a super laydown.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:02 AM

bizarre. I raise PF if the table is well tight, with limpers i'd limp too. is this wrong?

flop, good bet i reckon. Turn you may as well follow up with another bet, the raise is scary. I would be folding the river for 1 bet (yes, i would) or check behind.

The river fold is pretty great, as i think it's the only way of you winning this pot uncontested.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 08-04-2004, 07:38 AM

You played great on the river!!! I can see you've spent a lot of time and effort honing your river playing skills--and its paying off for you.

--Zetack
Old 08-04-2004, 09:10 AM

I guess the "River Play" section in SSH came in handy.

Just one question. AJo...

I'm not a huge fan of this pf raise to EP limper. Don't know why. Maybe it's the way I play it.

If first in from EP, limp.
If first in from MP, Raise. If called, then limp.
In LP, raise first in, else limp.
In all positions, fold if facing a raise.
If in SB, raise if first in or 1 limper, RR LP raiser (if blinds steal), fold to EP or MP raiser.
In BB check if more than 1 limper, else raise. Call 1 raise.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a huge fan of this pf raise to EP limper. Don't know why. Maybe it's the way I play it.

If first in from EP, limp.
If first in from MP, Raise. If called, then limp.
In LP, raise first in, else limp.
In all positions, fold if facing a raise.
If in SB, raise if first in or 1 limper, RR LP raiser (if blinds steal), fold to EP or MP raiser.
In BB check if more than 1 limper, else raise. Call 1 raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping with AJo isn't something you want to do at all. You are most likely giving the blinds a free play as well as letting marginal garbage from the loose players see a cheap flop.

I raise AJo from anywhere, including the SB, and occasionally the BB, in an unraised pot. It is an easy laydown to a raise, like you said.

Haupt_234
Old 08-04-2004, 10:40 AM

I generally play AJo just like you, except for every time you say "limp" I replace it with "raise."

Also, I would have folded the turn here, but your river play is truly inspirational.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:41 AM

Fold to the check-raise on the Turn. Calling this down against an unknown will cost you a ton of money.

-Brian
Old 08-04-2004, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limping with AJo isn't something you want to do at all. You are most likely giving the blinds a free play as well as letting marginal garbage from the loose players see a cheap flop.

I raise AJo from anywhere, including the SB, and occasionally the BB, in an unraised pot. It is an easy laydown to a raise, like you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. I will re-raise w/ 2 limpers in LP iff I know the 2 limpers are fairly weak players.

I just don't feel comfortable with this. I don't remember a reference of this in any books (I don't have any here, but will check when I get home). If there are any posters that have books like SSH, HPFAP, Hilger's book, Carson's book, etc, let me know where this is.

I see plenty of advocating for raising first in and limping first in, but don't remember anything about raising limpers w/ AJo.

I don't want to realy place much emphasis on pf strategy much more in these forums (unless a blatent mistake), but I think this is marginal and just don't think it's really that much of an edge (+EV) in raising an EP limper w/ AJo. I do see first in raise as a +EV, and will continue to do it from MP on.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:47 AM

What do you think he has when he checkraises you on the turn? I would fold this here.