Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 06:01 PM

Default One more for comment

Fairly passive player, haven't really seen anything of note from him.

It's one of those situations where I took a shot at it on the flop but someone stuck in there. Without a raise, I don't know if that means they are chasing something or if they are slow playing or who knows what. Which basically just leaves me not know what to do. Should I have checked the turn? Seems like that's just inviting him to bet, even if I'm not beat. In this case, I think he'd have bet the turn and I would have folded.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 (t465)
CO (t1080)
<font color="C00000">Button (t1905)</font>
SB (t580)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t2775)</font>
UTG (t950)
MP1 (t245)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls t50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t125</font>, Button calls t125, SB folds.

Turn: (t400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t275</font>, Button calls t275.

River: (t950) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: t950
<font color="green">Main Pot: t950 (t950), between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (t950).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows Jh Kh (two pair, kings and jacks).
Hero shows Ah 7h (straight, jack high).
Outcome: Hero wins t950. </font>
Old 08-03-2004, 06:17 PM

Default Re: One more for comment

Personally, the only time I attempt a bluff like this is when I have the button and it's been checked to me. And I do think it's a bluff, your chances of out-drawing are too small to warrant the semi-bluff label (7 extremely tainted outs).

I think leading out the turn is good, because if you are raised, you have a chance to get away from it. If you check and he bets, you have to call but you won't like it.