Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2004, 10:59 PM

Default Where would you semi-retire? (slightly OT)

I was doing a bit of day dreaming today and thinking about where id like to live if (when) i ever semi-retire... by semi retire i mean play online poker on a PT time basis. This will be sometime down the road for me but I was just trying to set some goals and plan for the future. Id love to eventually buy a fishing resort or some property up north (maybe NW ontario) and then spend winters in vegas or some other warm climate. I guess im just wondering if anyone else has any dreams of semi-retirement and what they might be? Is anyone living this semi-retirement dream already? Lets here about it.

regards
cubswin
Old 08-01-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Where would you semi-retire? (slightly OT)

costa rica baby...only bad thing here is that the only place with high speed internet is 2 hours from the beaches [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2004, 11:27 PM

I think about retirement all the time...alas...I am only 37 with 2 very young kids so this ain't ever gonna happen. BUT
I often think about driving the country in a moble home playing poker all over and spending lots of time in Vegas.

Sounds beautiful. Gotta go to bed now. Work in the AM [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2004, 11:31 PM

Costa Rica has crossed my mind as a possible winter home in the future. By the time i 'retire' though, i bet there will be cable internet at the beaches down there. I know that NW ontario has the same shortcoming but satellite internet is available up there... albeit at a hefty $100 a month. Im guessing they dont offer satellite internet down there?

cubs
Old 08-01-2004, 11:45 PM

This is mine.

http://www.hatterasyachts.com/82about.cfm

Take time between the Keys and Bahamas, hit South America maybe once a year. Fish all day play poker at night.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:49 PM

How close are you to that dream? Im I invited to come fishing? Ill let you stay at my resort [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

cubs
Old 08-02-2004, 12:24 AM

Hopefully in very few years my sons will come to work for me and eventually take over the day to day operation of my business and I can spend over half my days doing whatever I want. If they don't? I'll sell the business and do what I want EVERY day!
Old 08-02-2004, 12:26 AM

Is it all of Costa Rica that's like that?
Old 08-02-2004, 12:30 AM

I'm hoping to pull it off by 32 w/o changing my current lifestyle, I'm 27 now, as long as I can dodge wife, kids and the state of Florida changing the laws on PI/Workers Comp. its very attainable.

Once I make it you can come fishing any time you want.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it all of Costa Rica that's like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I came down here and wanted to live by the ocean and fish all day and play poker at night. Traveled the whole pacific coast looking for a good spot to live, most places u can get dial up but its not like the dial up youre used to in the us or canada.It's really slow like 2kbs ,i tried to play poker and it was horrible and very inconsistent, i was always getting disconnected.
I was told they are getting adsl in some spots around september but i wouldnt count on it, only in san jose (capital city) can you get cable internet. Satellite is expensive , i know one guy that has it that lives on the carribean side paid 1500 for installation+dish and pays 50-150 a month really cant rememeber the price he told me.

Once i get a house here cubswin i'll trade u a week here catching snapper and sailfish for a week catching pike and bass.