Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 01:00 AM

Default PokerStars Turbo SNG

I have recently started playing PokerStars Turbo SNG's. I have done ok, and I think it fits my style, but I wonder if luck plays too much of a factor because of the rapidly increasing blinds, and therefore works against skilled players (which I am not claiming to be).

Any Opinions?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Re: PokerStars Turbo SNG

We had a few pretty thorough discussions about the turbos at stars. Try a search for posts from 2-3 months ago.

Anyway, to make it very short, they are definitely great for players who can adjust well to their structure. They are closer to the Party SNGs in some respects, but there are also some important differences. It has to do with the rythem (at stars the blinds go up every fixed amount of time) and stack-sizes, which are bigger at stars.

They DO NOT work against skilled players, I guarantee you that. This is a common misconception. They are VERY profitable (at all levels), if you are a strong enough, adjusting, player, and if you're ready for higher variacne than the regular Stars' SNGs.

Good luck.