Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Whats going on here....

I just played a Party 10+1 SNG I went out in fifth place in 2 hands the blinds were going up to 250/500 everything just seemed stupid about it, I was pushing for blinds, often chip leader but i never had more than 5BB, I just can't play like that. What do you do? I never got games like that 6 months ago.

Regards ML
Old 07-26-2004, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Whats going on here....

I can't tell what you're complaining about from your post. Is it the fact that five people were still in when the blinds hit 500/250 ??
Old 07-27-2004, 04:42 AM

Yeah thats all i'm complaining about, losing is fine, losing because i have to push KTs even though i am chip leader is not fine imo, there were 7 left at 150/300 as well. This isn't the standard but i find my games going much deeper than usual, I just can't play at all.

Does anyone else who plays 10+1 on party have these sort of problems, I'm in UK so I play at around 1pm-6pm party time. Maybe it's something i'm doing wrong, is pushing KTs okay in that spot,or too aggressive, A6o called which is about the best call you can hope for i suppose.

Regards ML
Old 07-27-2004, 09:54 AM

That may be a little extreme case of a rock garden, but most of the 50 SNGS and up are like that quite often. You should get used to that type of play, as that is often the reality as you progress to higher limits. Your edge gets smaller, but you still have an edge if you play well.

-Jason