Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 08:06 AM

Default PLO Hand Party25

Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.50 BB (7 handed) converter

I haven't been at the table for very long. I have no reads on the players involved.

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Hero ($23)</font>
<font color="C00000">BB ($34.45)</font>
<font color="C00000">UTG ($18)</font>
MP1 ($24.50)
MP2 ($23.75)
<font color="C00000">CO ($26.03)</font>
Button ($18.37)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0, Button calls $0, Hero completes, BB checks.

Anyone not like completing here?

Flop: ($2.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $2.4</font>, BB calls $2.40, UTG calls $2.40, CO calls $2.40, Button folds.

Turn: ($12.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero....

What would you do here and why?
Old 07-26-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: PLO Hand Party25

Completing is fine IMO. On the turn I definitely check - if one of those three didn't have a straight on the flop (probably they didn't, as on party anyone who flopped a straight is going to raise), they probably do now. My plan is to call or fold depending on what happens after I check. If for example the next guy bets and everyone else cals, then I'm calling to try to fill up. If he bets, and everyone else folds, I'm folding. He probably isn't bluffing and you don't have odds or implied odds to fill up and if you are still ahead you lose enough in the river to make folding the winner less than a disaster. If it's checked to the last guy and he bets I'm in something of a quandary - I don't know what the others are going to do behind me and this guy may be bluffing/betting a weaker hand, having been checked to.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:21 AM

Hi,

No problem with preflop and the flop. On the turn, it is an easy check. If BB checks and someone after him bets, fold, even if the pot offers enough odds, because BB could check-raise. Now if BB bets, you can call if you get at least 1-to-3 or 1-to-4 on your money. You have 10 outs, but there is a good chance, since there are 3 callers, that several are already in your opponents' hands. But if you make a FH on the river, there is a good chance someone made a smaller one. But be sure you have the proper odds. For example, if BB bets 10, and is called by both UTG and CO, you can also call, cause it closes the betting. If you make your Full house on fifth street, bet all-in, and if you dont, of course check-fold.

See you

sahaguje
Old 07-26-2004, 12:34 PM

Ok, so checking is obviously the best play here and that's what I did. I guess the other players in the hand really want to be like me - so they all checked too.

River comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Now what?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:22 PM

Hmmm. I think there's a fine chance you're ahead. But I'm a wuss, so I'd check and call a bet. It's hard with party because the level is so poor - usually I think f you bet and get called here you've lost and that inducing a bet from a flush draw or worse hand would be the best play. here there's a good chance a worse hand will call. Er, I dunnno.