Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Poker in Paris?

(crosspost from the Zoo)

Aviation Club has dress code, I have no dress. Anyone know of any other, less strict places, to play poker in Paris?

A revoir,

Adde
Old 07-24-2004, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Poker in Paris?

there is one near the Aviation Club. 2 weeks ago somebody posted the adress here on 2+2
Old 07-24-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Poker in Paris?

[ QUOTE ]
(crosspost from the Zoo)

Aviation Club has dress code, I have no dress. Anyone know of any other, less strict places, to play poker in Paris?

A revoir,

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry too much about the Aviation Club's dress code. No tie required, just don't show up in jeans and you should be fine.

What kept me from playing there (poker, at least) is that the games are dealer's choice, pot limit; they advertise limit as well but I suspect that it is virtually never spread due to lack of demand. Most play was Omaha, second was hold'em with a few other, somewhat unusual, games included. I didn't think it was a wise idea to try and learn both Omaha and pot-limit play at the same time, especially for fairly high stakes, so didn't play. Be aware that there are usually only a couple of tables going at a time so your choices will be limited.